Saturday, October 30, 2010
Friday, October 29, 2010
Alright, I've got to knock this out fast because I don't have very much time. I'm meeting my wife soon so that we can talk to a 2nd builder and then go to look at an existing house. I don't feel very random so we will see what comes out.
Done. Gotta run.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Next, we met up with his co-chairs for a building fundraising campaign. Like the hard hats?
Afterward, I took him to lunch and then we toured the new basketball facility.
We even got to see the inside of the locker room. Luckily, the boys were at practice.
He had some great stories and I was very impressed with his versatility in the world of sports. Plus, he's an all around great guy.
Monday, October 25, 2010
During all this I felt so young because there were a lot of old people there (as in older than me) but as the opening act finished up and we were awaiting Franti, the students arrived and started pushing their way toward the stage. Man, do I hate people getting in front of me when I was there early and suffered through the opener. So I held my ground and threw some elbows and made friends with two girls beside who were on the same page as I was about not letting people in front of us. Except they were drinking Dirty Birds and so even though they said they'd help, they didn't really seem capable. I might have had a Dirty Bird myself.
But none of this mattered because the show started and Franti was AWESOME. So energetic and people were jumping and jumping and dancing and then these two frat boys jumped right in front of me and I was all, "oh, no you don't!" and they were really pushy. And jumpy. And then one jumped on my foot and the Polack got mad and they realized they better not mess with an angry Pole so they moved behind us and I was able to enjoy the show again. Did I mention that Franti was awesome? Cuz he totally was.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
I'd like to present my third guest blogger. This weeks RTT comes from my friend Christy of I Dream in Fuscia. I apologize for any funky formatting you might see. I don't have the energy to fix it.
I was really quick to volunteer to serve as a guest blogger for this week's Random Thought (Thoughts?) Thursday. I have often been tempted to steal this idea for my own blog, thinking it would be an easy post for blog-challenged me. Now that I actually have to write it, however: ooh, the pressure!
1. I love Goodwill. A new one just opened last week near Target. Like two buildings down from where it used to be located. Which is rather weird. I think Goodwill has been getting some hand-me-downs from Target though. I found two brand new skirts and a new sweater there that I had seen in Target just recently and considered buying. I'm glad I waited; I paid $12 for both skirts and the sweater! Sweet.
2. I have fruit flies in my apartment. They are driving me nuts.
3. The women's world gymnastics championships are on television right now. I adore gymnastics, but think the gymnasts alone are keeping the scrunchie and barrette business alive.
4. I haven't been sleeping well, so have been watching more than my fair share of late night television. I've been seeing commercials for Snuggies featuring the song (and dance) "Macarena." I think it's a sign of the apocalypse.
5. Last night I also saw a special on mail order brides from Russia. It was really kind of disturbing. A bunch of old, fat & bald men looking for gorgeous women half their age (or less). I checked out one of the websites mentioned on the show. Men got to pick a country, age range & weight in order to get women to sort through. The weight ranges started at 75 pounds (WTF?) and 18 years old. Sheesh.
6. I don't have a lot of random thoughts right now.
7. I recently got to attend the Super Saturday sale at a nearby quilt shop. It was my first trip there, and the selection was even better than I thought it would be. It's probably a good thing that I can't make it there more often. So many fabrics I'd love to buy.
8. I am really craving something citrus-y, like lemonade. I am way too lazy to get up and get any out of the fridge.
10. I am really glad leggings came back into fashion. I in no way approve of them as a substitute for pants for most people, but I like wearing them under skirts and dresses. It saves me from having to wiggle into tights in the morning and then having to worry about the crotch of the tights sagging lower and lower as the day goes on.
that he wrote
Nick's worst - having to drive to Indy and back + feels like Friday
Mike's worst - didn't get any work done
Natalie's worst - things didn't go as planned at work
Seeger's best - mom said no to playing at the playplace but then said
Nick's best - being able to watch tv and see what's going on in the
Mike's best - Short Stop
Natalie's best - getting to host a famous (in sports broadcasting)
alum on campus
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Seeger's worst - mom was gone yesterday
Nick's worst - having to leave Hayden
Mike's worst - waiting for Natalie to get home
Natalie's worst - very tired
Seeger's best - mom coming home
Nick's best - seeing Hayden and the car ride home
Mike's best - Natalie came home and he got a lot of work stuff done
Natalie's best - home with family after a very fun weekend
Monday, October 18, 2010
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Yay, it's Thursday and I'm posting an RTT! We have another guest poster - Wendy from I Am Like Spaghetti. A special thanks to her for helping me out this week. It's nice to feel some relief from the pressure of blogging. I have awesome friends!
This is supposed to be random, so I'll try not to purposefully make it too thoughtful or witty. Since it's the first time I have ever done this, it will be hard not to do so. Because I do want to impress you with my random witty-ness.
1. We had our son's 10th birthday party this past weekend. We hosted twelve kids between the ages of 8 and 10, both boys and girls. The social dynamics of children this age are very entertaining. Basically, kids are awesome.
2. I went shopping today to buy outfits for family pictures. And now I am wondering – does everyone put as much effort into coordinating clothes for family portraits as I do? When I see other pictures, it appears to me that they do. But I wonder – do they have to work at it as hard as I do?
3. I really do not enjoy clothes shopping for myself. Never have. Probably never will.
4. But I am looking forward to our first-ever outdoor family photo shoot. In the fall. At a great location. The anticipation (of seeing the photos) is killing me!
5. I had a case of vertigo Tuesday morning. It was bad enough that I didn't want to drive myself to work, so my husband took me. I have decided that I could really get used to car pooling with my husband. It's like stealing some time away from our busy lives to be together. Hmmmm . . . maybe I'm on to something.
6. Ever notice how the people you most want to be with are often the ones you spend the least amount of time with? This makes me kind of sad.
7. There was a light rain shower this evening. I love the sound of rain on fallen leaves almost as much as a rolling thunderstorm in the summer.
8. I also love listening to my children singing around the house (not to the radio). It makes me feel that they must have a pretty happy life that they feel like singing!
10. The same few lines over. And over. And over. Again. But still somehow very cute and heartwarming.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Okay, so I've been getting a lot of slack lately for not being very consistent with posting my random thoughts on Thursday. You see I have this thing called a job. A job that I love and one that keeps my pretty busy. Unlike my previous job - one that I didn't like and that didn't keep me busy. (See the pattern?) That previous job allowed me to spend WAAAA-AAAAY too much time on the internet. Time that I no longer have. And while I'm not planning to give up blogging anytime soon, I'm definitely not able to post as often as I used to.
I'm a guest to the random thoughts Thursday because I miss Natalies random thoughts and she doesn't have time. AWWWW - SHE MISSES ME!
1. I had a fun weekend quilting, I love to quilt, but it's more fun to me if I get to do it with friends. QUILTING ROCKS!
2. Why are guys (some not all) so messy? Do they not see dirty dishes and yucky toilets? THAT'S IN REFERENCE TO MY BROTHER WHO IS CURRENTLY LIVING WITH MY MOM. HE IS A SLOB!!!
3. I,m so thankful for my job. Today I had a good day at work. I was busy ,but not crazy, and the day went fast. YAY FOR YOU, MOM! GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT DAY - ESPECIALLY SINCE IT'S MONDAY.
4. I love crawling in my bed at night for a good nights sleep, but i hate it on the nights that i sleep poorly and toss and turn all night. WHEN I WAS A LITTLE GIRL, I ALWAYS LOVED CLIMBING INTO MY MOM'S BED. I USED TO TELL HER I HAD A BAD DREAM JUST SO I COULD SLEEP IN HER BED.
5. Five of my coworkers have a total of 6 little girls from 1 to 3. They went on the Breast walk Sat morning and took a picture of the girls on sitting after the walk with their pink shirts on and the looked so darn cute. I miss those little girl days, but someday I'll probable have grandgirls, i wonder if they'll be as cute as my little girl was. I WISH I HAD A GRADDAUGHTER FOR YOU, MOM! HOPEFULLY YOUR SONS WILL HELP IN THAT DEPARTMENT.
6. My sons old government teacher is running for office, but I remember some ethical issues with him, so I wonder what will happen. I DIDN'T KNOW THIS, MOM. WHICH TEACHER? MY GOVERNMENT TEACHER WAS A WOMAN.
7. Why do they call adult cartoons adult swim, I just don't get it. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
8. About those cartons , If they're cartoons why do they have them say bad words then bleep them out, I don't get that either. MAYBE BECAUSE IT'S FUNNIER TO IMAGINE THE NAUGHTY WORDS?
9. I LOVE this weather, warm days, cool night, Wish it would last. ME TOO! ALTHOUGHT IT GOT UP TO 90 DEGREES TODAY. WHAT THE HECK?!
10. I love all the seasons in Indiana, but winter last at least a month to long. SOMETIMES. BUT SOMETIMES, IT'S JUST PERFECT.
11. I'm getting in to thai cooking, so everytime I go to the store I try to get another ingredient like fish sauce and coconut milk. i don't normally have those in my cupboards. YAY FOR THAI! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO COOK TAI FOR ME? MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE A THAI THANKSGIVING? (I'M KIDDING. I LOVE THAI BUT I WANT ME SOME TURKEY AND MASHED POTATOES.)
12. Speaking of cooking, I,ve been making homemade bread with my Dads old bread maker. I,ve had it for 3 years and just started using it. WHAT'S WITH ALL THE COOKING? IT'S NOT LIKE YOU...
13. High Def TVs are definately more fun to watch. I'LL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT. OUR HIGH DEF TV DOESN'T DO MUCH GOOD WHEN YOU ONLY PLAY DVD'S.
14. Milk tastes alot better with Baileys, think I'll have some. BAHAHAHAHA!!! YOU MADE ME LAUGH! NEXT TIME, ADD SOME BUTTERSHOTS AS WELL. YUMMO!