Monday, October 11, 2010

Random Thought Monday

Okay, so I've been getting a lot of slack lately for not being very consistent with posting my random thoughts on Thursday.  You see I have this thing called a job.  A job that I love and one that keeps my pretty busy.  Unlike my previous job - one that I didn't like and that didn't keep me busy.  (See the pattern?)  That previous job allowed me to spend WAAAA-AAAAY too much time on the internet.  Time that I no longer have.  And while I'm not planning to give up blogging anytime soon, I'm definitely not able to post as often as I used to.

 
ANYWAY... someone suggested that I feature guest writers.  And my mom volunteered to write the first guest post.  (It's like high school creative writing all over again.  She did most of my assignments because my creative writing teacher was also my journalism advisor and since I was the newspaper editor, she always sent me off to work on the paper leaving me no time for my assignments.) So here she is....  (WITH MY COMMENTS in CAPS!)
 
 
I'm a guest to the random thoughts Thursday because I miss Natalies random thoughts and she doesn't have time. AWWWW - SHE MISSES ME!
 
1. I had a fun weekend quilting, I love to quilt, but it's more fun to me if I get to do it with friends. QUILTING ROCKS!
 
2. Why are guys (some not all) so messy? Do they not see dirty dishes and yucky toilets? THAT'S IN REFERENCE TO MY BROTHER WHO IS CURRENTLY LIVING WITH MY MOM.  HE IS A SLOB!!!
 
3. I,m so thankful for my job. Today I had a good day at work. I was busy ,but not crazy, and the day went fast. YAY FOR YOU, MOM! GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT DAY - ESPECIALLY SINCE IT'S MONDAY.
 
4. I love crawling in my bed at night for a good nights sleep, but i hate it on the nights that i sleep poorly and toss and turn all night. WHEN I WAS A LITTLE GIRL, I ALWAYS LOVED CLIMBING INTO MY MOM'S BED.  I USED TO TELL HER I HAD A BAD DREAM JUST SO I COULD SLEEP IN HER BED.  
 
5. Five of my coworkers have a total of 6 little girls from 1 to 3. They went on the Breast walk Sat morning and took a picture of the girls on sitting after the walk with their pink shirts on and the looked so darn cute. I miss those little girl days, but someday I'll probable have grandgirls, i wonder if they'll be as cute as my little girl was. I WISH I HAD A GRADDAUGHTER FOR YOU, MOM! HOPEFULLY YOUR SONS WILL HELP IN THAT DEPARTMENT.
 
6. My sons old government teacher is running for office, but I remember some ethical issues with him, so I wonder what will happen. I DIDN'T KNOW THIS, MOM.  WHICH TEACHER?  MY GOVERNMENT TEACHER WAS A WOMAN.
 
7. Why do they call adult cartoons  adult swim, I just don't get it. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
 
OKAY, I JUST ASKED THE POLACK AND HE EXPLAINED IT FOR ME.  HE SAID IT'S LIKE WHEN YOU WENT TO THE POOL AND EVERY HOUR OR SO, ALL THE KIDS HAD TO GET OUT OF THE POOL AND ONLY THE ADULTS WERE ALLOWED IN.  AT NIGHT, THE KIDS AREN'T ALLOWED TO WATCH - ONLY THE ADULTS.

8. About those cartons , If they're cartoons why do they have them say bad words then bleep them out, I don't get that either. MAYBE BECAUSE IT'S FUNNIER TO IMAGINE THE NAUGHTY WORDS?
 
9. I LOVE this weather, warm days, cool night, Wish it would last. ME TOO! ALTHOUGHT IT GOT UP TO 90 DEGREES TODAY.  WHAT THE HECK?!

10. I love all the seasons in Indiana, but winter last at least a month to long. SOMETIMES.  BUT SOMETIMES, IT'S JUST PERFECT. 
 
11. I'm getting in to thai cooking, so everytime I go to the store I try to get another ingredient like fish sauce and coconut milk. i don't normally have those in my cupboards. YAY FOR THAI! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO COOK TAI FOR ME?  MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE A THAI THANKSGIVING?  (I'M KIDDING.  I LOVE THAI BUT I WANT ME SOME TURKEY AND MASHED POTATOES.)
 
12. Speaking of cooking, I,ve been making homemade bread with my Dads old bread maker. I,ve had it for 3 years and just started using it. WHAT'S WITH ALL THE COOKING?  IT'S NOT LIKE YOU...
 
13. High Def TVs are definately more fun to watch. I'LL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT.  OUR HIGH DEF TV DOESN'T DO MUCH GOOD WHEN YOU ONLY PLAY DVD'S.
 
14. Milk tastes alot better with Baileys, think I'll have some. BAHAHAHAHA!!! YOU MADE ME LAUGH!  NEXT TIME, ADD SOME BUTTERSHOTS AS WELL.  YUMMO!
 
Well, I hope you enjoyed my mom's randomness.  I'm seeking more guest random thoughts.  Let me know if you're interested!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Yay Cherry! I loved hearing your random thoughts. If you want, I'll volunteer to fill in for you sometime. :)