Thursday, October 14, 2010

Random Thought Thursday

Yay, it's Thursday and I'm posting an RTT!  We have another guest poster - Wendy from I Am Like Spaghetti. A special thanks to her for helping me out this week.  It's nice to feel some relief from the pressure of blogging.  I have awesome friends! 


 

This is supposed to be random, so I'll try not to purposefully make it too thoughtful or witty.  Since it's the first time I have ever done this, it will be hard not to do so.  Because I do want to impress you with my random witty-ness.

 

1.    We had our son's 10th birthday party this past weekend.  We hosted twelve kids between the ages of 8 and 10, both boys and girls.  The social dynamics of children this age are very entertaining.  Basically, kids are awesome.

2.      I went shopping today to buy outfits for family pictures.  And now I am wondering – does everyone put as much effort into coordinating clothes for family portraits as I do?  When I see other pictures, it appears to me that they do.  But I wonder – do they have to work at it as hard as I do?

3.      I really do not enjoy clothes shopping for myself.  Never have.  Probably never will.

4.      But I am looking forward to our first-ever outdoor family photo shoot.  In the fall.  At a great location. The anticipation (of seeing the photos) is killing me!

5.      I had a case of vertigo Tuesday morning.  It was bad enough that I didn't want to drive myself to work, so my husband took me.  I have decided that I could really get used to car pooling with my husband.  It's like stealing some time away from our busy lives to be together.  Hmmmm . . . maybe I'm on to something.

6.       Ever notice how the people you most want to be with are often the ones you spend the least amount of time with?  This makes me kind of sad.

7.      There was a light rain shower this evening.  I love the sound of rain on fallen leaves almost as much as a rolling thunderstorm in the summer.

8.       I also love listening to my children singing around the house (not to the radio).  It makes me feel that they must have a pretty happy life that they feel like singing!

9.       And now I am totally distracted from RTT and singing along in my head with my little girl as she sings "The Star Spangled Banner."

10.  The same few lines over. And over. And over. Again.  But still somehow very cute and heartwarming.

 

Well, what do you think?  Do I have it?  RTT talent, that is?  I just love reading Natalie's RTT posts, so I hope that you have enjoyed mine! Ciao!


No comments: