Friday, October 29, 2010

Random Thought Thursday

These were written yesterday but I never got around to posting them. This weeks guest RTT writer s the one and only.... The Polack! I won't say I forced him into it but I definitely strongly persuaded him. 

Alright, I've got to knock this out fast because I don't have very much time. I'm meeting my wife soon so that we can talk to a 2nd builder and then go to look at an existing house. I don't feel very random so we will see what comes out.

 

1.
I threw a kid out of class today and later he told me that he respects me more because I finally threw him out. Evidently he's been waiting for me to do it. Um..okay. Now I have to call home and document it. It's less two weeks until the end of the trimester. I don't want to deal with this at all.
2.
I knew I had the easiest schedule ever at my old school, but as I sit at my desk, WAY behind in grading that point is driven home yet again. I used to never to take work home. Now, I always take work home. I miss my down time…and my family time.
3.
Nicklas got all A's on his 9 weeks report card. Maybe all the tears and fighting during homework time are actually worth it. So proud of him.
4.
Not to brag, but after not going to concerts for a very long time, I've finally made my way back to a few this year. It's been a good year. Since last September I've seen U2, Flogging Molly, Pearl Jam, Ingrid Michelson, The Black Crowes, Train, The Black Keys, Kings of Leon, Michael Franti and tomorrow we're going to see John Mellencamp. Oh, and if anyone wants to check out The Reverend Horton Heat at The Bluebird on November 7th, I'm in.
5.
Don't most cars have cruise control now? Why don't more people use it? I hate when someone passed me on the highway and then slows down after they do. Oh, and while I'm at it people, the lane on the left is called the "passing" lane! If you are not passing people get out of it!
6.
We are trying to go without cable. I miss sports. No NFL and no World Series unless I go out to watch it. I can catch some stuff online, but not enough. Why don't all the networks have a live internet feed? More people watching…more ads…more revenue. Must make too much sense.
7.
Only two more tailgates this year. That stinks. I'm cooking slabs of ribs on Saturday and then next week I'm making jambalaya. I love jambalaya weekend. It's my favorite tailgate every year. Can't wait.
8.
I wish I had a cold Guinness right now. I do, but it's in my fridge and I'm at work. I drink my Guinness cold. I don't care what people say, that's the way I like it. I chill red wine too….and it tastes wonderful. Deal with it.
9.
I can't wait to move out of our apartment. I'm ready to be a home owner again….but I'm willing to wait to get exactly what we want. That's why I really, really want to build.
10.
I finally got an iphone. I'm totally addicted to the gameTrainyard. There I said it. After making fun of my wife for never putting her phone down, I'm in the same boat.

 

Done. Gotta run.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Nice to read your RTs, Mike. I wish I could join you guys for the last two tailgates. Ribs and jambalaya sound tasty!

Natalie, you'll have to fill me in on the potential house plans. :)

Dan said...

#5 - As I get older, the left lane becomes the "I can drive as fast or slow as I #*$%ing want to, and the rest of you can suck it!" lane. I love being middle aged!