Thursday, October 21, 2010

Random Thought Thursday

I'd like to present my third guest blogger. This weeks RTT comes from my friend Christy of I Dream in Fuscia. I apologize for any funky formatting you might see. I don't have the energy to fix it.


 

I was really quick to volunteer to serve as a guest blogger for this week's Random Thought (Thoughts?) Thursday. I have often been tempted to steal this idea for my own blog, thinking it would be an easy post for blog-challenged me. Now that I actually have to write it, however: ooh, the pressure!

1. I love Goodwill. A new one just opened last week near Target. Like two buildings down from where it used to be located. Which is rather weird. I think Goodwill has been getting some hand-me-downs from Target though. I found two brand new skirts and a new sweater there that I had seen in Target just recently and considered buying. I'm glad I waited; I paid $12 for both skirts and the sweater! Sweet.

2. I have fruit flies in my apartment. They are driving me nuts.

3. The women's world gymnastics championships are on television right now. I adore gymnastics, but think the gymnasts alone are keeping the scrunchie and barrette business alive.

4. I haven't been sleeping well, so have been watching more than my fair share of late night television. I've been seeing commercials for Snuggies featuring the song (and dance) "Macarena." I think it's a sign of the apocalypse.

5. Last night I also saw a special on mail order brides from Russia. It was really kind of disturbing. A bunch of old, fat & bald men looking for gorgeous women half their age (or less). I checked out one of the websites mentioned on the show. Men got to pick a country, age range & weight in order to get women to sort through. The weight ranges started at 75 pounds (WTF?) and 18 years old. Sheesh.

6. I don't have a lot of random thoughts right now.

7. I recently got to attend the Super Saturday sale at a nearby quilt shop. It was my first trip there, and the selection was even better than I thought it would be. It's probably a good thing that I can't make it there more often. So many fabrics I'd love to buy.

8. I am really craving something citrus-y, like lemonade. I am way too lazy to get up and get any out of the fridge.

9. I did get up and get some lemonade. We bought a gallon of Chick-Fil-A's diet lemonade over the weekend and there was about a third of the gallon left. Now that my company has left, I drank it right from the jug.

10. I am really glad leggings came back into fashion. I in no way approve of them as a substitute for pants for most people, but I like wearing them under skirts and dresses. It saves me from having to wiggle into tights in the morning and then having to worry about the crotch of the tights sagging lower and lower as the day goes on.

No comments: