Friday, December 17, 2010

Random Thought Thursday on Friday

Hey there internet, I missed yesterday's RTT and since I didn't RTT last week, I thought I better hop to it.

1. I had an interesting start to my morning. I took the boys to school and went in to have breakfast with Nick's class. We ate some yummy holiday treats and I went to leave but I couldn't find my phone. I looked everywhere - in my purse, my pockets, my car. Uh oh. I definitely don't have a good history with phones. There was this incident. Then this one. Luckily, when I left the school I stopped by the apartment. As soon as I drove up, I saw my phone on a snow pile in the parking lot. Thank god for the Otter Box!

2. The real reason I went home was to change my shoe. Shoe, not shoes. I had put one one black and one brown shoe which I wore for the entire party in Nick's class and no one said anything. But now I know why I got a few weird looks. At least I hope that's why people were looking at me funny.

3. Tonight is our School's holiday party. Yay for that because the Polack is coming with me. But there is no open bar/drink tickets so I'm a little bummed.

4. I should be happy that it's Friday but I have to work tomorrow. It's commencement and once again I have to read names of our graduates.

How do you pronounce Jayawardene?

5. I'm getting a cold. Yuck. Hopefully I can get a lot of sleep this weekend so I'm refreshed for the holiday week.

6. Yesterday, the Polack drove all the way to work only to find out that school was cancelled because of the snow. Today, he drove all the way to work only to find out that school was on a two hour delay.

7. I love Mother Bear's pizza!

8. The Polack and I are in the process of buying some land. We keep going back and forth with the listing agent and the land owner. It's not a fun process. The realtor seems really slimey.

9. I finally got my Christmas cards mailed last night. YAY! With only 8 days left until Christmas, I hope they all arrive in time.

10. I still have a few more gifts to buy but for the most part, I'm done shopping for Christmas. Which is good because I seem to keep getting more and more stuff for the boys. They are some lucky kids. And I'm pretty lucky too. I'm feeling very grateful for a great husband, family, job, and soon to be home. Good tidings to you too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I must be on holiday because I had time to read your blog...

First, might I suggest to The Polack that he begin watching local tv before heading to school in wintry weather?

Second, USPS set a new speed record as your card made it from IN to AZ on Monday. Excellent family photo, by the way. Brian felt that Nicklas's IU sign was not in the spirit of the season, however :)

Third, I miss you! Your card went in the mail today so will be late. Don't feel badly, as everyone's will be late because I have been going crazy with new job, travel, home buying and selling and baby junk. Merry Christmas!