Thursday, December 1, 2011

Random Thought Thursday

1. I'm headed to Indianapolis tonight to meet my new cousin. Mmmmm.... babies.....

2. I love thai food.

3. The window's in my office are really dirty and they never get washed on the outside.

4. We had our first real snow on Tuesday. It had been raining for days and then for a few hours in the afternoon, the rain turned to snow. Seeger was so excited when I picked him up at school. He was packing the snow to see if it stuck together. I had to go back to work and when I returned home a few hours later, he ran to meet me at the door and said in an excited voice, "Mom, are you ready to go outside to play in the snow?" I was the one to break his heart by telling him the snow had turned back in to rain and it all disappeared. He was very sad.

5. Even though I'm bummed that the snow disappeared, it's a beautiful day on campus today. The sky is blue and it's bright outside. I passed so many happy people as I walked back to my office from Kirkwood Avenue.

6. The Polack and I are seeing Fitz and the Tantrums on Tuesday and I will be super excited once I actually find a sitter. Three have already turned me down so I'm getting a little nervous.

7. I have a really big forehead. I feel like it's getting bigger so I'm wonder if I have a receded hairline or something. It might be time to cut bangs.

8. Mia sent us some rice porridge and a marzipan pig for the holidays. I have to remember to bring it with us during our travels so we can find the almond. It's a fun tradition.

9. We're getting a family photo taken on Saturday for our holiday card. I have to figure out the color scheme which always stresses me out.

10. I only have one more week of class and then my students take their finals. I feel like this 8 week course has gone really quickly. I'll start right up again with another 8 week course for the first half of next semester. Luckily I'll have a few weeks in between to prepare.

No comments: