Thursday, July 21, 2011

Random Thoughts

Yay - after three weeks, I'm back for RTT. Woo hoo!

1. Nicklas spent a few hours with me at work this afternoon. His basketball camp ended at noon and he had tae kwon do at 3:30 so rather than have the Polack come in to town to pick him him at noon and bring him back in to town three hours later, I thought it would be easier to keep him with me.

2. That's right, we have to think about trips "in to town" from now on. It's about a 20 minute drive from our house to anywhere in Bloomington and with construction on nearly every major thoroughfare, we have to add another 10-15 minutes. I will miss the convenience of making a three minute drive to the grocery store but I definitely love the beautiful three acres of land that we have so it's all alright, already.

3. Anyway.... when Nicklas was with me this afternoon, he started a blog. It's something he'd been thinking about for a few weeks so he took the plunge. He says it will be about sports (no surprise) with a little of his life mixed in. I cautioned him about the importance of keeping it updated. He promises he will.

The address is http://nicklask.blogspot.com/. I really enjoyed reading his first post (except for those grammatical errors! I can't stand those!) and I never really knew "the moment" he fell in love with sports. Go Nicklas, go!

4. It's been a rough week at work. I really want to be caught up on everything by the time we leave for vacation on the 29th but I'm not sure it's going to happen.

What, you say? We just came back from vacation?

I hear ya but my last week off of work didn't feel fun and vacationy. This next one involves a trip to Florida and a Caribbean cruise. That should do the trick.

5. If you're not my facebook friend then you probably don't know that the crazy cardinal that keeps banging his head on our windows is DRIVING ME CRAZY. People have offered several suggestions for handling him but I'm not shooting a BB gun at him. Come one, I can't risk hurting my precious windows (windows are expensive!) plus I'd probably miss anyway.

Not that I would try. Probably not anyway.

6. My older brother got a BB gun one year for Christmas and I was looking at it the day after present opening (when it was inside and still under the tree). I accidentally shot it and a BB hit our brick fireplace and ricocheted off and ended up somewhere I never found. Luckily no one was around to witness (or get hurt) but it sure scared the bejeezus out of me.

Also, one time my brother was shot in the arm by gun. Accidentally of course. GUNS = BAD.

7. I had this feeling that I already blogged about ricocheting BB once but I just checked and I guess not. My mom is probably shaking her head at me right now because I don't think she's ever heard that story.

8. I think when you've been blogging as long as I have - I'm coming up on three years - then you forget what stories you've shared and not shared. Good thing there is the search option for my blog. I find myself using it more and more.

9. Tonight I'm preparing Chinese for dinner and tomorrow is Italian. Jake, Kathryn, and my mom are visiting so I'm excited to cook in my own kitchen.

10. Things about the house that I'm not excited about... the ice machine on the refridgerator works WAAA-AAY too well. The ice comes pouring out and before you have a chance to stop it, it's all over the beautiful wood floor. Also, the standing shower door is on backwards. When you're showing, everyone on the outside is fuzzy but when you're on the outside looking in, the showeree is pretty visible, naked and all. Good thing it's just the Polack and I using that shower.

10.5 Don't think I'm complaining about those two things. They aren't complaints - I promise! I LOVE my new house. Let's call them observations, shall we?

Roger that.

No comments: