Thursday, July 16, 2009

Random Thought Thursday

It's Thursday, it's Thursday, it's Thursday!! Time for some randomness...

1. We have no big plans for the weekend and it feels fabulous. We're hoping to watch Harry Potter and the Kubatski cousins will spending the night but other than that... NO PLANS! My goals for the weekend - quilt, clean out closets, quilt, pedicure, quilt, grocery shopping. (Lofty less, eh?) I would add pool time to the list but the forecast isn't in my favor.

2. Speaking of swimming... Nicklas has been out in the sun so much lately that his hair has turned very, very blond. Someone asked me the other day if I dyed it. Seriously? Who dye's an 8 year old boys hair (other than Gwen Stefani)?

3. I haven't played a single game of Bejeweled since returning from vacation. Aren't you proud? (This may or may not have something to do with earning my highest score ever on Facebook right before vacation. I think I know I'll never top it so why bother?)

4. I'm finally all caught up on all my blog reading. Finally. Oh how I've missed Sandi's drama, Dawn's antics, and Vodka Mom's stories.

5. Just before leaving for vacation, I noticed I was developing a strange addiction to ABC Family television. I classify this as strange considering I'm a 34-year-old mom watching tv targeted for a 14-year-old. But oh how I love Make It or Break and I really, really want to watch 10 Things I Hate About You. (And then there's the Secret Life of an American Teenager. I had high hopes for this Brenda Hampton series which doesn't at all reflect the typical American Teenager. It's not a good show but still I watch it.) But then I left for vacation and had to put the obsession on hold. And now that I'm back, I'm at a crossroads. Do I play catch up with the episodes I missed or stop watching the teeny bopper shows? Hmm....

6. Scratch that - I'm gonna watch the shows. In less than five weeks, I'll have a teenage girl living with me. It's all about research, people!

7. Did you know that the Tri-State Tollway in Chicago doesn't take credit or debit cards? You actually have to carry CASH with you. Absurd. We were okay for the first two toll stops (after borrowing money that Seeger had collected) but the third stop called for $.80 and we only had $.71. The Polack tried to hand the attendant his credit card and she couldn't take it. Luckily she accepted the $.71. The fourth stop however was a challenge. We had to zip through without paying. I'm sure the Illinois State Police will be after us. Hopefully, we'll get off as easy as I did with the Michigan State Police.

8. I miss the Lake. I want to be there. Right now.

9. Apparently, a mouse has been living in drawer of a co-workers desk. She keeps snacks there and found his nest. Ew.

10. I love handbags and purses. I don't shop often so I'm not usually tempted but we were at T.J. Maxx the other day and I spent a lot of time browsing the purse aisles. I found no less than 34 purses/handbags I wanted to buy but was able to restrain myself. I did walk out with a killer new green dress though so I was happy.

That's all for now folks. I'll be back soon with more tales from vacation.

No comments: