Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Polish Olympics

Over the weekend, the Polack and I hosted Kubatski's first annual Polish Olympics. The event featured classics such as wiffle golf, paper airplane flying, and rock/paper/scissors. Teams were formed, names were chosen, and flags were made.




Let the games begin! There were 18 events in all. I'm happy to say I swept rochambo and the endurance challenge. I stood on one foot for 17 minutes!


I didn't fare as well in chubby bunny. I was only able to get 5 marshmellows in my mouth.

My favorite event of the day was the relay race. It was a team event - the first team member ran around the house, the second put together a puzzle, the first person ran around the house again, the second person had to unroll a roll of toilet paper, the first person ran around the house, the second person had to dig through a tub full of corn kernals to find a dime, and then the first person ran around the house again.

We started at 11am and by midnight had completed all but two of the scheduled events. It was super fun and we're already planning for next year.

1 comment:

Heather T said...

This looks like so much fun! Can we come for the second annual Polish Olympics even if we're not Polish?