Can you believe it's Thursday already? Neither can I!
Let's cut to the chase:
1. Sometimes - when I'm in a really good mood - I break into dance moves ala Chorus Line. Or I pretend to be a Rockette. Or I sometimes start dancing ballet. I did this on Saturday at quilt camp and fell on my ass as I was attempting a jete. Luckily, no one saw me.
2. Poor Nicklas - I think he has allergies. He's been all sniffly and stuffed up lately. We're going to have to start medicating him.
3. I'm not one to complain about parking on campus but geesh, it's bad this summer. The surface lots near my building are under construction and the garage is half closed. The other half that is normally one way traffic is now two way traffic and there is no room. And turning directions is difficult (cuz, you know, the darn thing wasn't designed to be two way!). I could suck it up and park in another garage that its even further away. But then when I would I get to wear my cute summer shoes that hurt if I walk more than four blocks in them?
4. Has anyone watched Glee? I had no interest but I'm hearing good things so now I'm intrigued.
5. Stupid Comcast. When they bought out Insight, they offered us free cable with our internet (we hadn't had cable for a few years). A year later and now they've started charging us. It's only $20/month but I'm cancelling it anyway. It's the principle, people! It won't really affect me as much as the Polack and the boys since I do all my tv watching online. But it's goint to be harder for them. Try explaining "principle" to a five year old. He just wants his Spongebob, darn it.
6. I'm making a new quilt (which you probably know if you've been reading me lately) and I actually bought the fabric from a quilt shop. I usually get cheap fabric from Joann's. But this project is quilt shop quality and the fabric. feels. heavenly. Don't you just love to run you hand up and down good quality fabric, fondling it with your fingers? No? That's just me? Oh.
7. I'm still obsessed with Bejeweled. I'm learning a little self control but I do need to admit that I actually considered purchasing the application for my Blackberry for the not so low price of $9.99. I haven't done it. Yet.
8. Speaking of admitting things... the Polack keeps a razor in the shower that I like to use for my legs. So when he changes to a new blade, he leaves the old blade for me (cuz he doesn't want to dull the blade). Except I never use the old blade. I only use the new blade. This has been going on for nearly 10 years and I don't think he knows it.
Now, he's totally going to bust me.
9. Nicklas slept in until 8am this morning. EIGHT O'CLOCK! That's some sort of record. He is a very early riser and is usually up before everyone else. (Remember the early morning shower incident?) Even more astonishing, Seeger was awake before Nicklas. You all better be on the lookout, the stars must be crossing somewhere.
10. Today, some friends and I were emailing about lunch plans and one made the comment about not being "cool" enough for the group. I told her she was the Veronica to our Heathers. And you know what? NO ONE KNEW WHAT I MEANT! Now I feel so old. But I'm not right? I'm just really cool, right?
Heck yeah, I'm cool. So cool that I'm doing a giveaway. Leave a comment with the name of the movie I'm referring to and you'll be entered in the contest to win something awesome. (I'm not sure what but I promise you'll like it.) You'll get a bonus entry if you include one of your favorite lines from the movie. The contest will end at 11:59 pm Eastern on Wednesday, June 10.