Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Early morning shower

Here's the scene.... Mike and I are happily snoozing in bed last night when I hear a panicked Nicklas say, "MOM!" Only partially awake, one eye half open, I see him standing outside our bedroom door. Trying not to sound annoyed, "What Nicklas?"

Nicklas: "Uhhhh, you guys need to get up."

Mike, trying to figure out what's going on, looks at the alarm clock. "Nicklas, what are you doing?"

Nicklas: "I'm getting ready for school - it's time to get up."

Mike: "Nicklas, it's one o'clock in the morning!"

Nicklas: "What???? I just took a shower!"

Yep, that's right. Darling Nicklas, who is so great at getting up and getting himself ready in the morning, heard his alarm go off at 1am. Not realizing it was a mistake, or what time it really was, he took a shower! I felt so bad for him, although we're all laughing about it now. I took him to school this morning so he could sleep for an extra hour. He told me when he got up and got in the shower, he wondered why he was so sleepy. Bless his little heart... It will be a great story to share for years!

1 comment:

Julie said...

This is so cute! I have done that before myself, so it really got me laughing. I love your blog! :)