Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's probably the only time I'll get to walk on a red carpet

WTTS fm in Indianapolis is awesome. Since becoming a VIP member in December, I've won tickets to a traveling Broadway show and was invited to a red carpet event/concert. The Polack has won tickets to see a comedian and a CD. Come to think of it, I've always had good luck winning things from radio stations. When I was in elementary school, I won (twice in one day!) tickets to the movie premiere of Hoosiers and a Pizza Hut pizza and I've also won restaurant gift cards, tickets to the Purdue Grand Prix, and tickets to another traveling Broadway show.
I need to start playing the lottery more!

Anyway, back to the promotional event. A few weeks ago, WTTS sent an email to their listeners inviting everyone to attend the 10th Anniversary party for the Indianapolis Hard Rock Cafe. It was an exclusive event with free appetizers and a private concert with Serena Ryder. I rsvp'd yes for the Polack and I and within a few hours, I was contacted and told they were upgrading us to the VIP list. We weren't sure what this meant but it ended up being a really cool thing and an exciting night for us.
When we arrived at the Hard Rock, I was excited to walk down the red carpet. (I wanted the Polack to take a bunch of pictures of me so it felt like I was surrounded by the paparazzi.)


When we checked in, we were given special wristbands which indicated that we were VIP's.



We quickly found out this meant we had access to the VIP patio which included an open bar. Score!



We weren't the only VIP's there. Out on the patio we spotted Kristi Lee from the Bob and Tom Show. She was super nice and very gracious when I asked if we could get a picture with her.
The concert was great. Serena Ryder knows how to rock! And since we were VIP's, we got to meet her after the show.


Thanks, WTTS!



No comments: