Thursday, April 30, 2009

Random Thought Thursday

Following in her stiletto steps, I'm stealing Random Tuesday Thoughts from Mom in High Heels. (And many others, I'm guessing.) Only, I'm going to do mine on Thursday's since Random Thought Thursday flows off the tongue a bit better. (Hey, I'm all about alliteration!)

So here it goes...

1. Kids today rarely use email. Texting, facebooking, and IM'ing are much more prevalent. This is just an observation, not a complaint. I constantly have to remind my students to check their email every 24 hours. I wonder if email will someday be as rare as a phone call? I do love the concept of IMing but sadly, no one I know really uses it.

(I can't believe I just used the term "kids, today...". Yeah, I'm getting old.)

2. Someone asked me why I wasn't on Twitter. I don't really have an answer. I probably should be but it just seems like another way to suck the time out of my day. I can barely keep up facebooking and blogging...

3. Divorce sucks. I understand (sorta) why people get divorces yet I'm always shocked when I hear about it happening. It makes me sad.

4. Why is the toilet in fourth stall in the work bathroom taller than the other five? And why are there only two rolls of toilet paper compared to the four rolls that are in other stalls?

5. Nicklas expresses so much emotion on his face. He should really go into drama. I think he'd make a great actor. His grade will be putting on the Wizard of Oz for an end of the school year celebration. He wants to try out for the part of the Scarecrow because he "doesn't have a brain" and it means Nicklas can "act all crazy". I really hope he gets the part.

6. I've hit a wall with the Get Fit Challenge. I've done well and lost about 20 lbs but I'm in a slump that I'm desperately trying to get out off.

7. I'm still not used to seeing Stringer Bell on The Office. I don't think I ever will be.

8. I should probably stop drinking diet soda (see #6). And I definitely need to drink more water.

9. I wonder how our exchange student, Mia, pronounces her name? Is it Mee-ah or My-ah? She arrives in August. I am super excited.

(Mia or Mia's mom, if you're reading this, let me know!)

10. Seeger has the best smell to him. It's addicting. Sometimes when I'm sitting in my office at work, I can almost smell him and it always brings a smile to my face. How long will that smell on him last before he turns into a stinky boy?

2 comments:

Kyle Stuef said...

With Twitter, every day can be random thought Thursday. If you have something to say, an update on your life at the moment, or a random thought that may not be enough for an entire blog post, it goes on twitter.

I have one for work (www.twitter.com/2911Kyle) and then I also have a personal one (www.twitter.com/mitdakayo). It helps me organize my thoughts a lot of the time.

Bethy said...

Maybe we should do a Beth and Natalie challenge to not drink diet soda. I too have been on a kick. Not good for the hips! But i don't know if i can give it up either