Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lucy the dog

I'm waaaaaaaaayyyy-ayyyyyy behind in posts. I have many to write - updates on school stuff for Nicklas, silly things that Seeger has been doing lately, quilting projects, and my prize for the homemade/handmade challenge. But spring is officially here and we've been spending our time outside (in between baseball/soccer/tennis/swimming, that is.)

(I also recently switched purses. I'm now carrying one that is smaller and there is no room for my camera cord. I have pictures to accompany all those posts but I still need to get them uploaded. You can't fault me though... it's a really cute purse.)

Anyway, enough excuses. I do have a quick post to share about Seeger. I took a vacation day yesterday because Uncle Mike was in Memphis for the Beale Street Music Festival and wasn't free to watch Seeger. It was nice to pretend to be a stay-at-home-mom for the day. I got Nicklas off on the bus, dropped Seeger off at pre-K and then went home to do laundry. (I might have also caught up on some tv watching. Maybe.)

When I picked Seeger up later that morning, I was first stopped by one teacher who had to share a story about Seeger offering her a dandelion during play time. She went to accept it but he stopped her first and told her it would cost a dollar. Yes, that's my Seeger, always looking for a way to make some money. (The other day, he tried to sell me a penny for a dollar. He's quite the entrepreneur!) When I made it to his room, he came crawling over to me. He had decided to be a dog for the day. Apparently, he crawled around during play time panting at the teachers. (This must have been after he struck out in his dandelion sales.) His other teacher said, "Is your name Freddie the puppy?" He shook his head no. "Is your name Seeger?" He shook his head no. "Is your name Charlie?" He shook his head no. Then one of the girls in his class asked, "Is your name Lucy?" He shook his head yes. Lucy the dog was born.

Seeger proceeded to crawl on his hands in knees all through the school as we made our way to the parking lot. I finally picked him up and carried him to the car but once we were home, crawled around the house and played with Freddie's toys. He even took a "nap" under the kitchen table. The kid was quite convincing, he didn't speak for two hours. I asked him if he wanted to take a walk with Freddie. I thought he might make me put a leash on him but he didn't. As we slowly made our way down the street, he continued crawling on his hands and knees. Finally, at the end of the street he stood up and announced he was a boy again. He had gone at least 200 yards from house though. I was quite impressed.

Lucy hasn't made an appearance since then but last night at Nick's baseball game, he told the woman at the concession stand that he wants to be called Rocky instead of Seeger. It's because he "really likes rocks."

Nope, never a dull moment with Seeger.

No comments: