Thursday, November 6, 2008

Quilting update

I'm still working on quilting the Kaffe Fasset quilt. I rarely quilt tops that are so big and it's been slow going. Actually, it's probably going pretty quick considering I'm doing it myself but because it's so big, I feel like it's taking forever. I've been to Jo-Ann Fabrics three times for more thread! And although I'm about 3/4 through the quilting, I decided to take a break and get some inspiration going with another project.


I promised my friend Julie I would make a stocking for her daughter, Melia (the cutest girl ever - I can say that since I only have boys) and I'm excited about how it's turning out so far. The patchwork has taken some time but it's nearly complete.



Next I'll applique the tree, it's trunk, and it's star and cut it out. I plan to quilt both sides of the stocking and then add some embellishments to the tree. I want to make it sparkly and pretty. (Because Melia deserves nothing but the best. Clearly.) The final step will be adding her name. It's taking more time than I expected but I know how much Julie and Melia will appreciate it!

No comments: