In addition to helping my friend Beth with her quilt, I've been working on a new project for myself. I was inspired by several Kaffe Fasset quilts I saw on Flickr and thought I'd try my own version. I started by making a bunch of random, different sized blocks from scraps and strips I had. I love how there really isn't a pattern and I can make the blocks as big or little as I want. The downside is that I sometimes have to really cut down the blocks to get them to fit. But so far, I'm really happy with how its turned out.
The project has been on hold for a few weeks while Mike and I have been doing some decorating projects but I hope to get back to it soon. I'm in a fabric stashbusting contest with six other quilters so the more quilts I complete, the more points I receive.