Thursday, July 19, 2012

Random Thought Thursday

Well look-ie here... I'm actually posting RTT on a Thursday. How novel.

Just walking to my car, driving 10 minutes down the road, and walking in to a meeting left me dripping in sweat. I wore a sleeveless dress today but the lining is STICKING to me.

The cousins came to stay with us for a few days and we had so much fun with them. There were lots of laughter and antics (and some farting too – I’m not used to so much farting) and jokes.

With two upcoming weddings, we bought suits for the boys yesterday. It wasn’t cheap and we still have to get shoes and shirts and ties. But it will be worth it once I see them all dressed up. They sure are two cuties.

Project Runway starts tonight!

That just made me think of America’s Next Top Model. It usually premiers around the same time. Okay, I just checked and ANTM doesn’t start until the end of August.

Seeger will be away at summer camp next week and Nicklas is staying with his grandparents. I will miss them but I know I’ll have lots of alone time fun with the Polack.

Our favorite radio station hosts the Third Degree contest every day. They play three songs and you have to use their connection to each other. The first caller to guess the connection wins. We always know the connection but we call and call and call and never get through. Yesterday, the Polack had me calling as soon as the third song started. We didn’t even know the connection yet. The line kept ringing and ringing and then my idol, Laura Duncan, answered. We got through! Luckily the Polack figured out the second connection just in time. We won two tickets to Lyle Lovett and the boys got a kick out of hearing me on the radio.

Lafayette or Bloomington this weekend? I can’t decide.

I have been reading so much lately and my pile of library books keeps getting bigger and bigger. I’m going to have to stop making requests so that I can catch up. I just started Birthmarked and so far it’s really, really good.

I used Marcia Brady’s line “something suddenly came up” the other day and it let me to check out some other famous Brady quotes that I love:
“Baby talk, baby talk, it’s a wonder you can walk!”
“I’m not a snitcher; I just tell it like it is.”
“Pork chops and applesauce.”
“Well, all day long at school I hear how great Marcia is at this or how wonderful Marcia did that! Marcia Marcia Marcia!”

Did you know that you can see the exterior of the Brady Bunch home on Google maps? Type in 11222 Dilling St., Studio City, California and click on the photo on the left. That’s the actual home that was featured in exterior shots. It’s so mid-century modern looking. I love it!

No comments: