Friday, February 3, 2012

Top 10 Things I'm Thankful For

Life is about ups and downs. We take the bad so that we can relish the good.

And sometimes we have to stop and be intentional about recognizing the things we're thankful for. Today is one of those days.

1. My family is awesome. They surround me with love and encouragement and humor and compassion.

2. This includes my husband who is my number one cheerleader. He thinks of me before himself and will do anything to go above and beyond for me. I have many others in my life who are the same way but he epitomizes the role.

2. My kids are turning out to be pretty cool people. They make mistakes and they mess up sometimes but they always learn and grow from those situations and I see them want to be the best person they can be.

3. I work with some fantastic people. They make my job enjoyable and they are always willing to help with whatever project I'm focused on.

4. My job is challenging and rewarding and I learn from it and it allows me to continue to grow as a professional.

5. Bloomington is a great city to live in. There is culture and community and tolerance and intelligence and freedom and beauty and cuisine and activity. I fit in better in Bloomington than any other place I've ever lived.

6. The boys go to a school that is culturally diverse and nurturing and socially conscious and focuses on healthy eating and being physically fit while also integrating the arts in to academics.

7. My friends are always willing to lend a hand when I need help with something while providing great conversations and support for anything I need. They are willing to help before I even know I need it.

This list didn't reach 10 but it is all encompassing of my life right now. Thank you for supporting me by reading this blog and caring about what I have to say. Sometimes we unexpectedly need our family and friends and when it's time to call on you - through tragedy and triumph - I truly appreciate that I'll have you.

No comments: