Thursday, November 18, 2010

Random Thought Thursday

Yay, it's Thursday and I'm posting an RTT. I hope you enjoyed my guest posters. I know some of you did and some didn't. I had a few complaints from people who said they wanted to hear from me, not strangers. Well, I didn't know I was that popular! But most people did enjoy my guest posters and I want to give a big thank you to all of them - my mom, Christy, Wendy, The Polack, Beth, and Mel. Thank you!!

Anyway, on with the show...

1. In the decision to buy or build, we've finally decided to build. It wasn't an easy decision. The Polack has been wanting this but not me. I have this fear that it will end up costing WAY more than budgeted. But in looking at existing homes, we haven't been able to find what we want. So we'll be signing on the dotted line soon.

2. We walked through a model of the home we want to build and there was no closet downstairs. I think this is really weird. Where are people supposed to hang their coats? The original floor plans call for a closet but if you add a basement, the stair end up where the closet should be. We talked to the building though and found a spot for both basement stairs and a closet. As we were walking through the model, I kept wondering if the owner who was building the house realized that there is no closet.

3. The Polack and I saw A Chorus Line last night. I was excited because I'd only seen the movie. It was good. Not great, but good.

4. When I was in fifth grade, I was in my elementary school's show choir. We sang One (from A Chorus Line) and the students in the front row got canes or hats to do moves with. The rest of the choir had to just stand and sing but the front row got to do all the cool moves. I was in the front row so I was really excited about this. I wish I could remember if we used canes or hats?

5. Renee Tomaszewski and Katie Warren were NOT in the front of the choir. They stood behind me and used to poke me in the back. They were like my elementary school frenemies.

6. I went to New York last week for work but got to see two shows. Maybe I'll do a post on this.

7. Seeger got his hair cut. I should probably do a post on this too. I've been meaning to but the shock and sadness and bitterness of the situation has been a little too much. I'm slowly recovering so I will definitely post pictures soon.

8. I've been eating a lot of bagels lately.

9. There was a stalker making threats to a department chair in my building. We were on semi-lockdown however no one could tell us what that meant. We were given stalker's picture and told to have a community phrase that we could say if we saw her - so that everyone else realized the danger. Our office came up with "This clock is always wrong!" So of course, we say it all the time, making fun of the situation. Probably not smart. But it makes us laugh.

10. I have a quilt design in my head that I've been dying to start on. DYING! But I haven't had any time to do quilting this week. It's been a long time since I've felt this inspired to start a project!

11. Saturday Nicklas is having a birthday party. We usually only do parties every other year and technically, this isn't a party year for Nicklas. But since he's new to his school and I haven't really met any of the kids in his class, I thought it would be good to have one this year. We invited all the boys to a laser tag place and almost all are coming. It will be a fun day.

12. This weekend, we're also having my neice and nephew spend the weekend. Nicklas and Seeger are super excited to see their cousins. We're taking them home to Lafayette on Sunday and having the Kubatski Thanksgiving celebration.

13. Black Friday is only 8 days away. I need to get prepped for it. My mom and I go every year but she was sad to find out she has to work this year. I was like, "no problem - we'll shop before you go to work." I'm so smart.

14. My brother and his girlfriend got engagement-like photos taken recently. I'm guessing an announcement is coming? If that's true, I think he should tell me before he tells other people. Because I'm his favorite sister.

Hear me, Jakob??? You better call or text me before you get engaged. I want to hear all about the plans.

15. I have been super hot lately. I rarely wear a coat anymore and I have to wear short sleeves at work. It's really weird.

16. I love my mom. She's awesome. Are you reading this mom??? I love you!!! You're awesome!!!

17. Oh, another post I have to do includes a picture from when I went to see Meryl Streep and Jane Pauley last week. It was a Q&A between the two and I was lucky enough to get a ticket to the sold out show.

18. I've been working on updating my iTunes lately. What a big job!

19. I can't wait for Thanksgiving. Hmmmmm.... turkey and mashed potatoes. And I'm really excited about seeing my family.

20. The Polack wanted to get basketball season tickets this year but I thought it cost too much. So instead, I've been telling people that I'll buy any tickets they have. And so now I've shelled out so much money, we probably could have gotten our own. Oh well! At least we get cheer the Hoosiers on in better seats than we would have had with our own season tickets.

No comments: