Thursday, May 6, 2010

Random Thought Thursday

1. Have you noticed my increased blog posts? Yay me! We'll pretend it's because I'm more organized in my life right now and not due to my procrastination with needing to finish up some projects at work.

2. Did I mention that I have to read the names of the students gradating from the School I work for? Yuck, yuck, yuck. I had the same job for the scholarship honors dinner a few weeks ago but attendance at that event was only 250 people versus the graduation luncheon which is nearly 1000 people. I'm going to be shaking in my high heels.

3. I'm really starting to get into listening to audio books. Since I'm commuting up to 10 hours per week, I needed a new distraction. I finished Pride and Prejudice last week and now I'm on Jane Eyre. The readers of both speak in British accents and there have been a few mornings when I've walked into the office after listening in my car and almost starting speaking British. Luckily, I've caught myself. I'd never live that one down.

4. I finished the Sookie Stackhouse books and now have the first season of True Blood to watch. Can't wait!

5. And since I need a new book to read, I've borrowed Pride and Prejudice and Zombies plus Mr. Darcy, Vampyre. Holla!

6. I'm planning to make a photo book for Mia with pictures of her time in the US. But considering she's untagged herself in 75% of the photos I've posted of her on Facebook, now I'm not so sure I should make the book. She untags herself when she doesn't like the picture. So should I scrap the idea or make the book anyway?

7. The Polack has an interview tomorrow at a high school close to Bloomington. Be thinking positive thoughts for him!

8. I had to forge a bunch of signatures on letters at work today and I commented to my co-workers that I wish I had Veronica's forgery skills. And yet again, my Heather reference was lost on everyone. No one has ever watched the movie.

9. Rereading that old post made me wonder if I should do another giveaway. It's about time, I think.

10. My office trash only gets emptied once a week and I always forget this which means when I eat lunch and throw away the remains, it stinks up my office until I can't stand it and have to empty the trash myself. You'd think I'd actually learn to toss out my food in the common area where trash is emptied every night.

2 comments:

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Natalie, I think the scrap book is great idea. She may not like the photos of herself now, but later on down the road I am sure she will treasure that book.
Good luck on reading out the names. I know you will be great!
Beth

Christy said...

I agree about the photo book. Mia will definitely appreciate it when she is a little bit older. Crossing my fingers for Mike's interview!