Friday, May 28, 2010

Fandom Fought Friday

1. Yikes - it's been over two weeks since my last blog post. Hopefully ya'll will give me some credit though since I've been keeping up with posting the worst and best part of the day feature. Which is as popular as RTT. Which is your favorite?

2. Update on tv watching... the Polack and I are nearly finished with season 1 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. My favorite episode is when they get hooked on crack so they can qualify for disabilty. We're also watching season 4 of Dexter. Always a great show though I think my decreased attention span gets impatient with how slow the story line can be. We're also watching season 1 of True Blood. We're only a few episodes in to it and I'm still getting used the style of the show as well as how much they deviate from the characters in the book series. I don't like Tara's character but the awesomeness of Anna Paquin as Sookie makes up for everything. And Frank Sobotka is Andy Bellefluer. Score!

3. The Polack can't stand Anna Paquin. He's especially bothered by her teeth.

4. I signed up for my first research study at IU. There is a campus wide walking program starting June 1 and I'm in a group that is testing whether a web based walking program increases activity. I have to wear a wireless pedometer on my shoe for the next 12 weeks. Payment for this study? A whopping $10.

5. Tonight is poker night. Woo hoo!!

6. It's been a very tough parenting week. I definitely have more grey hair.

7. So we still haven't had any luck with selling our house. The Polack and I have made the decision to find someplace to rent in Bloomington for the next 6-12 months because A) we are sick of being apart and B) we want to be settled in to the community before school starts in mid-August. So next week, we're are going apartment hunting. We thought about trying to rent a house but the idea of a complex with a pool, fitness center, playground, etc. is pretty appealing.

8. I have two concerns about living in an apartment complex. 1) Living by crazy people. (Of course I know not everyone who lives in a complex is crazy BUT I think crazy people become crazier when they are in such close proximity to others. 2) Where in the heck am I going to put all my sewing stuff?

9. I'm so behind at work right now. My email inbox is pretty manageable but all the red tasks on my sidebar are freaking me out.

10. I saw Sex in the City 2 last night. Very light, very funny, very full of plastic surgery and botox. I've got nothing against either but sometimes - many times - people just seem to take it too far.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I just started watching True Blood on DVD too! Somehow my Netflix queue got all disorganized though, so I've only seen the first 4 episodes. The jury is still out for me.

I hope you all can avoid the inherent craziness that sets in after apartment living. If only I had been able to ... :)

Miss you!