1. I'm not even going to pretend that I'm doing this weeks RTT on time. Often, I forget on Thursday and push one out early Friday morning but mark the post date as a Thursday, hoping no one will know.
2. I'm also not going to pretend that anyone really cares what day RTT comes out. They don't. But they do care about RTT. I get called out by people if I neglect to post.
3. I got a new camera! This is good except that I have to install the software to download the photos. Boo...
4. Last Sunday, the Polack and I went to King's Island (an amusement park). We chaperoned the senior trip and it was tons of fun. Rain was predicted for the entire day however it held off until about 2:30 and even then, many of the rides were still running. And since it was so early in the amusement park season, we hardly waited more than 10 minutes for any ride. And the best part is that the students were awesome and when we decided to leave a few hours early, everyone made it back to the buses on time.
5. I'm really, really, really, really trying not to stress out about all the external things going on in my life right now. Summer is coming and we still haven't sold our house. Once school is out, the plan was that the Polack and the boys would move to Bloomington so we could all be together. But with a house payment in Lafayette, it really doesn't make sense. We can't buy anything until our house sells so I thought maybe we would sublet an apartment for the summer. But it seems so silly to pay rent when we have a perfectly good house to live in. But not being with my family during the week is REALLY wearing on me and I keep trying to tell myself that this situation is only temporary. But with the lack of progress with the situation is sure doesn't FEEL temporary. Oy. *deep breath*
6. Mia wants to go garage saling tomorrow. I'm not thrilled with the idea but it's an item on her "things to do while in America" list so I must help her achieve it. Only for Mia...
7. The birds are chirping, the sky is blue and its supposed to be 80 today. Yeah, spring!
8. I feel so bad for Nicklas. He had a big project at school and spent hours working on it. And then he got a D+. We contacted his teacher for an explanation and although we don't agree with his grading rubric, it's not something we're going to fight. We're still very proud of Nicklas and let him know that we know his grade doesn't really reflect his efforts.
9. Baseball season has started for Nicklas but unfortunately, all his games are during the week. I've made a vow to myself that I'm going to make several trips back to Lafayette to see him. And yesterday, I listened to the game via phone so at least I got to hear his hit.
10. I really hate being away from family but at least professionally, things are going really well for me. And for that, I'm thankful.