Thursday, March 11, 2010

You mean I can't make up my own words?

So I totally wanted to use this word in my current game of Scrabble against curlygirl75...



It's an adjective to describe an annoying person a la Dwight Schrute. As in, "Man, I can't stand that guy. He's so shrutey."

This plan had two problems. #1 - it's not really word. #2 - if it were a word, it should have a C in it. Details, details...

And some of my favorite Dwuight Schrute quotes:

"Security in this office park is a joke. Last year I came to work with my spud-gun in a duffle bag. I sat at my desk all day with a rifle that shoots potatoes at 60 pounds per square inch. Can you imagine if I was deranged?"

"Reject a woman, and she will never let it go. One of the many defects of their kind. Also, weak arms."

"And I did not become a Lackawanna County volunteer sheriff’s deputy to make friends. And by the way, I haven’t."

"Once I’m officially Regional Manager, my first order of business will be to demote Jim Halpert. So I will need a new number two. My ideal choice? Jack Bauer. But he is unavailable. Fictional. And overqualified."

"When my mother was pregnant with me, they did an ultrasound and found she was having twins. When they did another ultrasound a few weeks later, they discovered, that I had resorbed the other fetus. Do I regret this? No, I believe his tissue has made me stronger. I now have the strength of a grown man and a little baby."

"I don’t care what Jim says, that is not Benjamin Franklin. I am 99% sure."

1 comment:

Christy said...

Ha, if we were playing Scrabble in person I would totally accept that as a real word since you have a cool definition ready. It's a much better word than kevils.

Of course if you were winning by a ton, I may not be so accepting!