Thursday, March 4, 2010

RTT

Time for the brain dump....

1. Sorry for the lack posting this week. I haven't had anything exciting to say. Well, that's not true. There are plenty of funny stories I could go in to related to my new job but work posts are off limits. Too dangerous. Which is unfortunate because I work with some pretty interesting characters.

2. I will say one thing about my job - the faculty research is much more entertaining to me now than when I was working in engineering at Purdue. Engineering research is way over my head. But the latest news release coming out of my school is all about research our faculty have done which finds that there is no consensus on what the definition of "had sex" means. This created a 20 minute conversation during the staff meeting yesterday with everyone discussing their own definition of "had sex".

3. Have you heard Kesha's Blah Blah Blah song? I'm liking it.

3.5 It's beautiful outside today. Whoopie!!

4. There are less than 13 weeks left until school is out for the kids. I have no idea what happens in our life then if we haven't sold our house. Do they move to Bloomington? Do they stay in Lafayette? Does the Polack find a job or wait? So many questions.

5. Did you know that Sugar and J.T. from Survivor are dating? Oh, and Sugar was on Gilmore Girls for four episodes. I had no idea!

6. Uncle Bill hinted there might be some peanut M&M's stashed somewhere in his house. Why would he be so cruel? I didn't need to know that!!

7. I made a casual comment today that I really wanted some M&M's. My co-worker - because she's so sweet - went and bought me some. Nice, right? And as much as I appreciated the gesture, I was still bummed because they were plain and not peanut M&M's.

8. Mia is returning to Norway on June 12. BOOOO!!!!

8.5 I wish we could get another exchange student but considering I don't know where we'll be living or what our income will look like next year, it's probably not going to happen.

9. My brother Jake sent me a facebook message yesterday that said "Blog?" I have no idea what that meant. Jake, what are you asking me?!

10. I'm not much of a concert goer but there are several upcoming that I'd like to see. The Polack and I are going to see Ingrid Michaelson. We also want to see Tom Petty and Train but I don't think it's happening. We have a trip to Vegas planned and some other activities to finance.

VEGAS BABY, VEGAS!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I really don't understand why anyone would ever eat plain M&Ms unless there was some sort of nut allergy or something. But even then, I doubt they could eat M&Ms at all because they probably contain nut traces. Peanut M&Ms are far superior.

(BTW, I am jealous I didn't think of RTT first. I seem to be incapable of posting to my blog at all these days because all my posts would be short & random. I am blaming this on Twitter.)