1. It's that time of the year... as in time to fill out benefits information at work. I dread this activity. I should be thankful - working for a large university provides excellent benefits. And I'm so fortunate to have many options for life insurance/health insurance/retirement/etc. BUT it's so overwhelming. And the turnaround time they give you is minimal. But I AM lucky. And fortunate. And blessed to have options. And a job in this economy thankyouverymuch.
2. I visited the salon yesterday so I'm feeling particularly pretty today with my new highlights and the cute dress that I can only wear until November 1. Because then I'll only wear wintery clothes. Which makes total sense, right?
3. A quick look a facebook and I'm stunned by all the snow that Colorado has gotten since yesterday afternoon. (Yes, I know it's sad that I use facebook as a vehicle to receive news. It's how I heard about the balloon boy afterall. And Michael Jackson. And Billy Mays.) I'm also surprised at how many facebook friends I know that live in Colorado. Hmmmm... something to ponder.
4. I'm torn between wishing Indiana had received 25 inches of snow to not wanting to get the winter clothes out yet. Good thing I don't have the power to choose the weather. What a stressful job that would be.
5. If it did snow, that might bring some relief to the guilt I'm having about not yet raking all the leaves in the yard. Because come on, if it snowed there'd be no point in worrying about it anymore.
6. McDonald's Monopoly is evil. I actually bought a hashbrown with my Diet Coke this morning just so I could get two Monopoly pieces. Damn you, McDonald's!
7. But oh, how I love $1 diet coke's from McDonald's. I went out to eat at pretty nice restaurant the other day and I was charged $3.85 for a coke. $3.85!?!! I wasn't at the movie theater, I don't live in a big city, and the restaurant wasn't THAT fancy. How was I to know?? It's not like they print the drink prices on the menu. From now on, do you think I can ask ahead of time how much they charge for soda? Or should I just suck it up and pay the outrageous price? OR... horrible thought.... maybe I should just drink water?? That's crazy talk.
8. So the other day at school, a boy started talking to Mia. As he began, she was thinking to herself, "Wow, this boy's English is really bad." Then she realized something... he was talking to her in Norwegian. She was shocked and could barely formulate a response. He said something along the lines of "Hello, my name is so-and-so. I've been learning Norwegian for the past two years. I was wondering if I could practice having a few conversations with you?" She managed to answer yes and suggested they talk by Facebook since she had to get to class (and she's a smart girl who doesn't give out her phone number to strangers, even if they do speak Norwegian). Isn't that crazy? I'm very curious about this boy-who-speaks-Norwegian. Why and how is he learning it??
9. Glee wasn't on last night. Boo. Although, it provided the opportunity to watch In the Middle, a show I've been wanting to see - especially because it's set in Indiana. But while watching it, I got all defensive about their portrayal of Hoosiers. Even though I thought it was funny. It's too bad it isn't set in like Iowa or Kansas. (No offense to Iowans or Kansans. And if I checked facebook, I'd probably discover that I don't know anyone from Iowa or Kansas.)
10. After some fairly humorous and not that riveting but still entertaining random thoughts, I'm not sure what to write for #10. In the words of Farmer Hoggett... "That'll do, Pig. That'll do." (Anyone know what movie that's from??)