Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

I'm finally getting around to posting about our evening of pumpkin carving fun. It was fun and I think Mia really enjoyed the experience. I have lots of photos so I'm breaking this up into a few posts for your reading enjoyment.
~
Here are the kids, getting everything ready.
~

~
After emphasizing the messiness of pumpkin carving, we made the boys take off their shirts. Mia also changed!
~
~ ~
~
Mia won't be happy I posted this picture. The Polack is explaining the carving process to her and as I took the picture, she commented that it would be a bad picture because she's concentrating and she always looks mean when she's concentrating.
~
~
We gave her a book of carving templates in case she didn't want to create her own face for the pumpkin. And because she's a rock star, she chose one of the more difficult ones.
~
~
The Polack and I chose to make up our own faces.
~
~
And here are the finished pumpkins. From left to right, they belong to the Polack, Nicklas, Me, Seeger, and Mia.
~ ~
Close up shots, coming soon!


No comments: