Sorry for being MIA lately. I was in in Austin for work early last week and on Thursday, the Polack and I headed to Vegas to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. Ten years!!! With only 28 hours between trips, I didn't have time for blogging. (So now you all know where my priorities lie!!) ANYWAY.... even though I'm six days late, I'm still doing a RTT. They're too much fun to miss! We'll call it Random Thought Six Days After Thursday. Or RTSDAT for short.
1. I have WAY TOO MANY posts swirling around in my head. I have grand ambitions to post them all in the next two weeks but I'm not making any promises.
2. Mia arrives today. TODAY!!! And I'm supposed to go about my regular business until we leave for the airport this evening. But really, I'm so, super excited (and a little nervous... but mostly just excited) to do anything remotely productive.
3. I miss the Gilmore Girls.
4. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and he was running 90 minutes late. Ninety minutes!! No one bothered to tell me. Grrr....
5. We took the red eye from Vegas Monday evening. We left there at 11:15p Vegas time and arrived home at 5:30a Indiana time. I slept about 2 hours on the plane and that was it. I'm still recovering.
6. Mia arrives TODAY!!!
7. I'm thirsty. And tired.
8. Some kids started school today. It's only August 12!! Why does it feel like school starts earlier and earlier every year? Because it does - that's why!!
9. I'm running out of things to say. I think it's because I'm so tired. And thirsty.
10. How is it possible that I don't have anything more to say when my first thought was about all the posts I have been thinking about? It must be the lack of sleep. And drink. But probably mostly the lack of sleep.
I'll be back normal (relatively speaking) in a few days. Promise!!