Thursday, August 20, 2009

Random Though Thursday

I can't believe it's Thursday already. This week seems to be flying by! I think it's due to the start of school and the fact I've had plans every night (on top of homework time, shuttling Mia to and from soccer, and early bed times since we're adjusting to school schedules). But enough about my planned out busy life. Let's get to the randomness!!

1. I burnt my tongue on a piece of pizza yesterday. I HATE having a burnt tongue. (Deja vu, I already did this bit randomness last week, didn't I?? Now it doesn't feel very random.)

2. I finished a quilt top last night. Yay for me! I needed some sewing time to relax a bit since I was so worked up about being forgotten during a scheduled child hand off. I had Seeger and was supposed to take him to the Polack when he was done working. I waited in the parking lot for 40 minutes because the Polack forgot. I had called, emailed, and texted him with no luck. I finally had to start calling his co-workers to track him down. Talk about embarrassing. He felt so bad and boy was I mad at him. He knew it was best to leave me alone for awhile so he played dad all night while I sewed. At least my quilt top is finished!

3. We had some stormy weather last night - there were tornado warnings all over the place. Mia was at a soccer game and she was so excited to watch it unfold around her. She said she was clapping at the thunder and lightening while many of her team mates where scared and crying. For some reason, this was very amusing to me.

4. Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. I invited her to dinner and my three brothers are all coming too. This will be the first time since Christmas that we've all been together.

5. Mia wants to go work out at the Y this weekend. She suggested we do a class and of course, I said yes. But really, in my head, I'm thinking, "oh crap, it's been way too long since I've done a class. I'm totally going to make a fool of myself."

6. Tonight I have to participate in a skit. I have to sing. And dance. This won't be pretty.

7. I volunteered to participate on a flag football team. It was sold to me as a casual, fun way to hang out. Then I got the email with the practice schedule, dress code, and suggested footwear. I don't own cleats! I don't want to pay $20 for a jersey! What have I gotten myself into??

8. I save almost every email I get. This is quite handy at work when someone falsely tells other people they told me something and I have the email which clearly proves they're lying.

9. Speaking of email, I received one yesterday for a contact I have at another university. His message to me was full of French phrases... merci beaucoup, a bientot, un peu, etc. This seems very strange.

10. The University starts up next week. Yippee!! I can't wait to have the students back on campus. I think fall is one of my most favorite times of the year!

Whoa, that's 10 already. Maybe I should start making RTT 20 thoughts long? Hmmm....

No comments: