Thursday, July 30, 2009

Random Grumpy Thought Thursday

Woo wee, it's been a busy, busy day. I have a mucho importante meeting at work tomorrow and on Sunday, I leave for Austin. Monday and Tuesday is the annual conference I'm in charge of organizing every year. Add this to the fact that Freddie has an infection and required two trips to the pharmacy, I had to get not one - but two wedding gifts ready for the weekend, I had to clean out my car (for said mucho importante meeting), I had to stop by my brother's to drop something off (and play catch-up since we hadn't talked in the past six weeks), I had to go to Target to return the pants I bought YESTERDAY (because I'm AN IDIOT - I tried on two pairs and mistakenly bought the WRONG pair), my in-laws needed us to stop by to look through some old things they're getting rid of, the Polack had to pick up some computer related items from a friend, and oh yeah, we had to eat dinner. After getting home an hour later than usual from work. Well let's just say it again. Woo wee.

I'm not in the best of moods.

The Polack asked what this post would be like since I'm grumpy. Can you believe he called me grumpy?

Anyway...

Oh yeah, random thought thursday.

1. I'm so tired. Mucho sleepy. Why am I so tired lately? Is something physically wrong with me? Is this a sign of getting old? I should probably just start going to bed earlier. If only it that were easy.

2. My to-do list seems to be growing, not shrinking. What's up with that? I need a personal assistant. I know - I need a butler. That would be, like, so cool.

3. Austin is a cool place and all but I really have no desire to go there again this summer. Especially since it's been 110+ degrees.

4. My house is so dirty. I have no idea with I'll be able to clean it.

5. This week, the Polack and I bought mucho furniture. Mucho. As in new family room furniture, furniture for the basement-that-will-take-months-to-finish, and a new dining room table + chair set.

6. I need to get some serious sewing done. For sanity's sake. But it ain't happening anytime soon. Does that mean I'm slowly going crazy. Let me check. Yep, definitely crazy.

7. Furniture + upcoming vacation + basement project + new office/workcenter + life in general = lots of money. As in mucho amount of money.

8. Did I mention that the Polack and I are going to Las Vegas? It's our 10 year anniversary. Vegas baby!

9. I love the song Come On, Eileen. I don't know any of the words to it but I sing it anyway. It always makes me smile and I got to hear it today when I was on my way home from work. It was the perfect pick me up for a crazy day that was only half over.

10. We FINALLY got Mia's travel itinerary. FINALLY. She arrives a week from Wednesday. Yippee!!

See I wasn't too grumpy, was I?

Vegas baby!

No comments: