Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Quilt Along

Have you ever wanted to learn how to quilt? No? Oh well. Just in case ou change your mind, Old Red Barn Co. is sponsoring a quilt along that is perfect for beginner quilters. I've decided to join, not because I need to learn to quilt, but because it enters me in a contest to win THIS:






Isn't it lovely? (Well, it is to me!) Of course, they will be something like 5,000 entries but still... I *might* win.



It's week three of the quilt along. Week one was collect supplies. I already have everything so check that off. Week two was cut fabric. I did that last night. Check. Week three is assemble blocks. Yikes, I hope to find time to do that.



I'll post pictures soon.

1 comment:

Heather T said...

Oh Natalie, I admire you. I made a quilt 15 years ago, one of those great ideas from a maid of honor who thought collecting squares from relevant people in the couple's life and then stitching them together would be so great. Except she didn't do any of the work; I, a mere lowly bridesmaid, did. What a catastrophe. My mom helped me at the last minute. Did I mention that my daughter was 6 months old at the wedding? So I made a quilt start to finish during the first 6 months of my daughter's life. the first and only quilt I've ever made.

I don't even keep up with that couple anymore.