Thursday, June 18, 2009

hey cupcake!

I have a confession to make.... That last post - you know, the random thoughts on Austin post - well.... it was a bit premature. I wrote it early in the day on Wednesday and scheduled to post it after midnight. I know, I know - I cheated a bit but hey, I'm a planner and I was planning for last minute craziness related to my big meeting on Thursday. And since I don't like disappointing my loyal followers, I thought I'd do the post early rather than risk not doing one at all.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing is let you know that I did, indeed, get to visit hey cupcake!. Squeeee! It happened like this.... I had made arrangements to meet up with a friend who lives in Austin for a dinner date. She and her husband relocated to Austin from Indiana a few years ago. As we were driving to dinner, I asked her if she'd ever been to hey cupcake!? To which she replied, "Yes, and I'm taking you there tonight!"



It was the highlight of my trip. My heart skipped a beat as we approached the beautiful, gleaming silver airstream trailer. Of course, I had to order the red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting.




It was totally worth the two dollars and fifty cents.



My only regret is that I didn't have enough cash to purchase the hey cupcake! t-shirt. All the more reason to make another visit. Until next time....


1 comment:

Christy said...

I wish there was a Hey Cupcake here! That looks really yummy. :)