Whoop, whoop - it's Random Thought Thursday!
1. As much as I hate McDonald's with their albeit cheap but not very tasty food, I do have to give them props. They have the BEST Diet Coke. I think they put something special in their fountain drinks or something because I would choose McDonald's Diet Coke over any other dining establishment. I think it's the straw that really seals the deal for me. It's girth is perfect. I wonder how long the $1 soft drink promotion will last?
2. Despite how it sounds, I really do prefer Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke. Nearly every place I visited in Austin offered Pepsi over Coke. I was in heaven. If I have a choice between Diet Coke or water, I will often choose water. But if Diet Pepsi is offered, I have to get it. In my neck of the woods, it's such a rare treat.
3. Oh and speaking of drinks, what's up with restaurants charging $2+ for a fountain drink? Seriously - they are making a killing off their drinks. I take my family of four out to dinner and shell out nearly $10 just fordrinks. And they don't even have any alcohol in them! RI-DIC-U-LOUS. I've started making everyone order water lately.
4. Man, I'm thirsty all of a sudden.
5. Has anyone caught the latest episodes of Weeds this month? Season five just started. What a great show! A little extreme at times but always captivating in how much they'll push the envelop. I don't have Showtime but I've been able to watch online via Google and view clicks of the mouse. I can't wait for the next episode!
6. It's been a busy week in the Kubatski household. We're hosting the first annual Polish Olympics on Saturday so our lives are revolving around baseball and party planning. We have 18 events planned including rock/paper/scissors, the grand prize game, whiffle golf, and chubby bunny. We even have prizes and a trophy. It should be interesting.
7. Speaking of baseball.... Nicklas's team is knee deep into their tournament. It's double elimination. They had a bye for the first round, won two games, and then lost to the #1 seed Tuesday night. They play again on Friday. It's interesting to see how intense the coaches, players, and parents are getting. It's silly, really, the emotions are running high. But I suppose it's a good preview of what to expect here on out with Nicklas and organized sports. I'm guessing it's only going to get worse.
8. It's HOT outside. Really HOT. It feels as HOT as Austin did last week. I've been getting my walking in at lunch time but I have to bring a shirt to change into because I get so sweaty. The poor Polack, he's been taking two or three showers a day.
9. I HATE to sweat. I think it's one reason I never played sports. (That and my dead had a strict "one activity" rule. I did ballet so I wasn't allowed to do anything else that cost money.) I don't mind the heat, as long as I don't sweat. Sweating is so gross.
10. I'm still really thirsty. I only have 47 cents in my desk drawer (since I'm writing this blog post from work today). Darn it. It's not enough for a McDonald's coke.