Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More quilt camp projects

I mentioned in my previous post that I got a lot done at quilt camp. In addition to the Cappuccino quilt top, I quilted a bulls-eye baby quilt for a friend of ours.



I also made another baby quilt for the school fundraiser. I put together the top, got it quilted, and started the binding. Since I was just using four inch blocks, it went together pretty quickly. I spent a total of four hours on this.




I was also able to work on constructing blocks for my shadow quilt that I'm doing. I didn't get any pictures of it but I took photo's of everyone elses projects!


Here is Bobbie's Cappuccino quilt (the one she doesn't like but I do!)




Kathy was in a black and white block exchange so she put her blocks together. This inspired our group to do our own black and white block exchange. It's our project for 2009.




My aunt Cheryl is a relatively new quilter. She attended her first camp a year ago but boy has she been pumping out the quilts. For show and tell, she showed her four patch posey she made for her granddaughter.




She and Bobbie are both working on a bulls-eye quilts. Here is a photo of Bobbie's.



My mom did a Crazy 8's in pinks and browns. I love her fabric choices!



Nancy is working on a quilt for a college friend who always organizes their reunions. Everyone is going to sign blocks in this Hiram College quilt.

Celeste worked on quilting this traditional quilt top she recently completed.


Quilt camp wasn't even over before everyone started talking about the next camp. I don't think anyone is going in March but many have decided to attend in May. I hope to go to and I'm looking forward to the theme - Cupcakes!

2 comments:

lmt1073 said...

I LOVE the pink and brown quilt. I sure could use one like that for my baby girl's nursery!

Deanna said...

I absolutely LOVE these quilts! My sister is a great quilter - I have aspirations. I also have 6 kids and no space in my house. You see the dilemma! ;-)
I'm not sure how I found your blog, but I like it.