Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What to do today?

This is day 11 of my two week vacation. It's been busy, what with Christmas and all, but now that the holiday is pass and the parties are over, I'm finally started to relax a bit. I haven't put away the decorations or presents, and the laundry and house work is piling up. I'll get to it soon but I'm in vacation mode right now.

I spent the last few days trying to finish up a quilt before the end of the year. If I pull it off (and I should be able to) it will be major points for the stashbusting contest I'm doing with some fellow quilters. I just need to finish hand stitching the binding. Once I do, I'll be sure to post pictures of it and few other small projects I've recently completed.

Mike is gone for the day so it's just the boys and I. I'm planning to give Seeger a hair cut and feed the boys lunch and then maybe do something fun. I think we'll either take the bus to the mall (I think the boys would get a kick out of a bus ride and I want to support the city's bid to reach 5 million riders in 2008) or go to the library.

But right now, the boys are playing together really well and there is a lot of laughter so I don't want to interrupt them. They were spying on me for a while, then chasing each other through the house. Then, they were using a pair of binoculars to look at each other's belly buttons. Right now, they are taking turn covering each other in blanket and giving me a "present".

I love vacation.

No comments: