I got this meme from Elizabeth over at OINK! and I thought it would be really fun. I never saw The Bucket List but maybe this will inspire me to create my one.
If it's green, it means I did it.
If it’s lilac, I kinda did it.
If it’s plain text, I didn’t do it.
1. Started your own blog: Natch – you’re reading it right now afterall.
2. Slept under the stars: Did this in the teen years with my gal Christy. We were were really into star gazing and since I lived in the country, we used to lie on my driveway and look for consetellations with my glow in the dark astrology chart. I think we fell asleep doing it one time.
3. Played in a band: Does Rock Band count? I played that once for about an hour.
4. Visited Hawaii: Went for a work trip a few years ago. Mike tagged a long. In fact, the picture on my banner is from that trip.
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity: Sorta - Once Mike and I spent $624 at a charity auction. This was when he was still in school and I was making $30K a year. (At least it went for a good cause!)
7. Been to Disneyland: I guess I have to classify this as kinda since I haven't really been to been to Disneyland - I've been to DisneyWORLD several times though.
8. Climbed a mountain: Does riding the Mount Blanc Cable Car in Chamonix, France count?
9. Held a praying mantis: Last summer we found several praying manti (?) around our hose.
10. Sang a solo: Yep, in fifth grade music class. I still remember my line: "I went to a party and gee it was grand. Viva la company."
11. Bungee jumped: Maybe some day...
12. Visited Paris: Twice but would really like to go again with my husband. Too bad he has no interest. :(
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child: I keep telling Mike we should do this but he isn't really open to the idea.
16. Had food poisoning: This WON'T be on the bucket list.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty: I did this! Too bad you aren't allowed to anymore.
18. Grown your own vegetables: I helped my mom when I was little. We had some big ass pumpkins one year.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train: From Paris to Nice.
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked: Nope, but I picked up some hitch hikers once. My mom wasn't happy to hear that.
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon: I ran a half marathon. Does that count?
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice: I've been to Venice but I didn't ride in a gondola.
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset: Sunset yes, sunrise, no.
31. Hit a home run: This will probably never happen.
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person: Someday - we'll take the boys sometime, right honey?
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors: Again, someday. Mike would love to go to Ireland!
35. Seen an Amish community: Heck yeah, I love going to Yoder's in Shipshewana.
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied: It depends on what day of the month you ask me.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person: I marked kinda. I've been to Pisa but I didn't see the Leaning Tower.
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David: It's HUGE!
41. Sung karaoke: Only after lots of drinks.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant: I bought a homeless person a meal once. Does that count?
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing: Hopefully somday.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris: Yes - it was beautiful!
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud: I hate to get dirty.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater: I grew up going to the Auburn/Garrett drive-in. I going there!
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen: Kinda. I organized a community-wide Christmas Day Dinner three years in a row.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason: My husband loves to give me flowers.
64. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma: Heck yeah - that was my liquor money my freshmen year of college!
65. Gone sky diving: This is less likely to happen the older I get.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp: Auschwitz outside of Munich, Germany.
67. Bounced a check: Guilty!
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial: Just this summer!
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt: Duh...
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone: No, but Seeger has...
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle: I grew up on my dad's Harley.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper: A few times growing up. I'm from a small town and our newspaper only had two sections to it.
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House: I've visited the outside of the White House. Does that count?
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating: I've caught and scaled fish before. And my dad probably made me take a bite before allowing me to refuse to eat it.
88. Had chickenpox: Twice - people say that can't happen but it does!!
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous: I shook hand with Neil Armstrong. I walked past Chris from Project Runway once when I was in NYC. Oh, another time I was in NYC, I walked past Marvita from America's Next Top Model. (She was TALL. And sorta scary.)
92. Joined a book club: I even started one once. But really, it was an excuse to drink margarita's with the girlies.
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby: Two - maybe more someday??
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake: I same in a Great Lake. Does that count??
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee: Never. Can you believe that? I have been stung by a wasp, though.
100. Read an entire book in one day: All the time. I'm a mom, afterall!
Whew! This was a long post. Thanks for sticking with it!!