Tuesday, November 4, 2008

NaBloPoMo 2008

November is National Blog Posting Month and bloggers who participate have a goal of posting every day of the month. Since I'm on a roll, I thought I'd join the fun (if anything, it will make my mom happy). With my the holidays approaching and the changing weather (which usually results in more quilting on my end) I hope I'll have enough material to keep you entertained.

Of course, Nicklas and Seeger usually give me more than enough material. Case in point, the other day Seeger decided to draw a picture of me. I gave him some paper and he grabbed a pencil and sat in the kitchen while I was making dinner. At first I was honored to be the subject of his work of art. And when I heard scribbling, I didn't think anything of it (I was busy making dinner afterall). But then I heard Seeger talking to himself. "I'm making a picture of mom. I'm drawing a big belly." Yes, those scribbles he was drawing in the middle of the page were of my "big" belly. "Seeger, do I have a big belly?" I asked. (I had to ask. Few moms would keep quiet when overhearing their child talk about their big belly. Right? RIGHT?!?!?) "I think it's little, but I want to make it big," he replied. Hmmm... good answer. Way to get out of that one. Unfortunately, I didn't think get an image of his work so you could all see his masterpiece. But I'm definitely going to encourage another round of art class to see what else he can come up with!

No comments: