Monday, November 17, 2008

Flat Stanley's first trip

We received our first response to Nicklas' Flat Stanley project. The following is from hubby's cousin:

Dear Nicklas:
Thanks so much for sending me down to Florida. I had an awesome time. The mailman
delivered me just in time to take part in all kinds of fun activities. One of the first things I did was go swimming and I soon found that I liked riding on the surfboard the best.

Soon after swimming, I spent most of my time playing with two huskies. One of them is named Alexander and the other has the same name as you only he spells it differently(Nicholas). Below is a picture of Nicholas and me. I understand you have met these huskies before. They certainly remembered you.

I heard a rumor that your Dad’s favorite hockey team is the Detroit Red Wings. Well, guess what? The Detroit Red Wings were playing the Tampa Bay Lightning during my stay, and since Tampa is not too far away from Orlando, I went to the game. Although the Red Wings came out sluggish and quickly fell behind 2 to 0, they soon started doing better and ended up winning the game 4 to 3.

Another highlight during my stay in Florida was seeing the space shuttle launched into orbit. It was launched at night when it was dark outside and even though I had my picture taken with the shuttle in the background, it was too dark to see anything. Since I wanted you to see what the space shuttle looks like when it launches, here’s a picture of a shuttle launch that happened about a year ago. Trust me, it is much more exciting to see in person than in a picture.


Of course, no trip to Orlando would be complete without making a visit to Disneyworld. I had so much fun at Disneyworld that I sure hope you can go down and visit it again sometime. I know you really like it.
PS: I’m not sure how you’re going to handle this but while I was visiting Florida, the people I’m staying with introduced me to a great college to go to when I graduate high school. It’s called the University of Kansas and they have this bird called a Jayhawk that is their mascot. I know this may not be popular with your family being true Indiana Hoosiers and the rest of your classmates probably being Purdue Boilermaker fans. I’m not really certain what it means, but they kept talking about recently winning a football game at something called the Orange Bowl and they were really proud about winning some big basketball game called the National Championship.
However, I am so happy now being a Jayhawk that I proudly wear a Jayhawk sticker on my shirt and have decided this is where I am going to go to college! Hope you consider going there someday.

Again, thanks for sending me to Florida.

Flat Stanley

3 comments:

Christy said...

Hahaha ... that is so cool! Looks like Stanley had an excellent time. :)

Julie said...

Too fun!

Sandi said...

I love flat Stanley! I call parker Flat Stanley, because he goes everywhere with me. It was fun to see a real flat stanley, and not a 17 pound one year old.

Awesome pictures! They made my day!