Monday, October 13, 2008

My ten reasons

A fellow friend who also blogs recently followed up on a post by other bloggers:

I know it sounds ridiculously fluffy and a nice trip to denial, but I believe that putting some good energy out there to counteract the bad can only help. Will it fix everything? Of course not, but maybe we can as a group, at least for this moment, change the spiral a bit, at least mentally. So, what I request is, if you so feel inclined, post 10 things that are going right in your life right now. I don't care how small. You're happy with your cup of coffee. You saw a flock of geese flying over. ANYTHING. Things that make you happy. Things that make you smile. No pressure. It's small and it's simplistic, but maybe for the time you are compiling your list, you'll forget about the bad going on and focus on something good.

So here is my list:

1) Hubs and I got to hang out with some friends, playing games and drinking beer, on Saturday. (And we won the triathalon.)

2) I finished pinning my latest quilt top and have started quilting it.

3) The weather has been gorgeous and I'm enjoying the beautiful colors of fall.

4) I will be traveling to Princeton for work this week and even though I hate leaving the family, it will be nice to get out of the office for two days.

5) I won the football picks for this week and even though I'm getting my ass kicked overall, it's nice to have a small victory.

6) At hubby's insistence, I went shopping last week and scored some major finds at my favorite resale shop.

7) A friend is planning a trip to watch the Nutcracker in the city with our kids.

8) Nicklas is up to $600 in sales of Boy Scouts popcorn making our attempt to get a free week of Boy Scout camp (at $800) a little more manageable.

9) Saturday night is poker night.

10) I get to go to lunch with the girlies today (who graciously let me reschedule our regular lunch since I'll be out of town on Wednesday.)

I probably should have posted some more enlightened thoughts - like I'm excited that Barack will likely be voted into office (and thrilled that he's got a shot at winning Indiana) and I'm happy that my retirement is buying up lots of stock right now and I don't have to count on cashing it in anytime soon. BUT... well, the other things affect me on a more personal nature. I care about politics, I care about the economy. But family, friends, and me are the most important.

No comments: