Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Top 10 Things I've Learned in the Last Four Hours

(It's 7:30 am and I'm at work early today, having been woke up at 3:30 am by smoke detectors going off in my house.)

Top 10 Things I've Learned in the Last Three Hours
  1. Smoke detectors will go off even when there is no smoke being detected.
  2. When smoke detectors go off in my house, it's very difficult to get them to stop.
  3. Smoke detectors that are hard wired to a house make it hard to determine which one of the eight is actually malfunctioning.
  4. My dog does NOT like smoke detectors.
  5. It takes several minutes of incessant and loud beeping from eight smoke detectors to wake Seeger up at 3:30 am.
  6. Smoke detectors that hard wired to an electrical system can't be turned off by the circuit.
  7. When Nicklas is awoken at 3:30 am, he thinks it's time to drive to Florida for a vacation.
  8. Smoke detectors can be very annoying.
  9. According to Google, smoke detectors can be activated by bugs, dust, or humidity.
  10. When I'm awoken by smoke detectors at 3:30 am and I spend 30 minutes trying to deactivate them, it's nearly impossible for me to fall back asleep.
Good morning, everyone. Happy Tuesday!

No comments: