Thursday, August 15, 2013

Random Thought Thursday

1. School for the kids has been underway for over a week now and I love being back in to a routine.
2. I have a cold sore on my lip; the first I've gotten in a long time. It's very annoying.
3. Nicklas is doing great in cross country. I'm so proud of him. He has been going to every practice and running on the weekends and working hard at getting better. He's not always able to "run with the pack" but I think he'll make it there soon. Oh, and his time continues to improve. Yay, Nicklas! I can't wait to experience my first cross country meet.
4. Speaking of running, I've been trying to keep up with my own running. Nicklas, the Polack and I started a couch to 5K program and we made it to week 7 (of 8). Now that school has started and Nicklas is running during cross country practice, I'm left on my own to run. I didn't think I would stick with it but I have been and I'm proud of myself. I want to keep it up so that I can continue to run with Nicklas once the cross country season ends. (Of course, he's already faster than me so I'm not sure how that will go.)
5. I felt bad for Seeger last week; I was so focused on Nicklas and his first day of middle school. Seeger's first day just wasn't a big deal. (Not that he even noticed the lack of attention.) Last night was the parent night at his school so I was finally able to meet his teacher. I'm very excited about all the great things he's going to learn in fourth grade.
6. Life is really, really good right now. I feel organized with my personal affairs, I'm busy at work (but not too overwhelmed - yet), I've gotten to enjoy some wonderful family time with the Polack and the boys, and I have awesome friends who are so supportive and giving.
7. I decided to tackle something from my 50 before 50 list over the weekend and it didn't go well. I bought a pattern to make a dress and after cutting it out and putting some of the pieces together I realized there was no way it was going to fit me. I'm super bummed because I was excited about the project and I LOVED the fabric. I basically had to scrap the project or start over. I decided to scrap the project for now. I'll still attempt making a handmade article of clothing but I need some time to recover from the disappointment of my first attempt.
8. The Polack and I signed up for Netflix so that we could watch season 4 of Arrested Development. (Which we did and it was pretty good.) I'm excited because there are so many other things I want to watch on Netflix BUT as a family, we're always so busy and we can barely keep up with the shows we DVR that I think there's no way we'll really get our use out of Netflix.
9. After all our trips and vacations this summer, the thought of driving more than an hour in the car is very unappealing. It will be a long time before I'm ready to plan anymore trips.
10. The temperature has dropped to the 70's this week. It's been awesome and there's an autumnal feeling in the air. I can't wait for football season to start.

No comments: