Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Visual Recap of September

It's been some time since I've had a wordy, description update on what's been going on. I'm still not feeling wordy but I have lots of photos I can share from September activities. I'll even write some captions for you.

We saw Coach Crean speak to the students and community:

Our friends Marty and Lindsey and their adorable baby Reed visited:


During their visit we went out to eat at Upland Brewery and we went for a walk on the B-Line Trail and checked out some of the local BRAINS.






And I got a baby fix with Mr. Reed:

We also went to a wedding in Chicago for my cousin, Emily and visited some of the sites:











 

 
 The following are photos from my aunts (way better than mine) camera:









We partied until 12:30 am:

A walk the next morning:






We were up early enough for to check out the Bean at Millennium Park when there weren't many people around:





We stayed at the beautiful Palmer House Hotel:

Seeger loves using Nick's old iPad Shuffle:

We had a visit from my cousin Molly and her beau, Dave. They live in the UK. I got to give them a campus tour and we stopped to see a Brain:

I made them dinner and Uncle Bill and Tracy joined us. We went to Red Mango after:






And they brought us treats from Tom's Donuts:


This is Nicklas, helping Seeger pick up his toys:

The Polack painted the part of a wall that needed fixed by our builder:

My mom came to visit for a whole week. She helped out so much by doing laundry, making dinner, and taking the boys to school. We also played Canasta and Ticket to Ride:

My credit union converted their systems and they'll no longer be using dot matrix printers. I find it pretty amazing that they've been using the same printers they had when I was a student 15 years ago:

Nicklas is loving the Greek Mythology unit he's studying  at school. He wasn't looking forward to it - at all - but was pleasantly surprised. Here is a photo from the Greek Fashion show his class put on (he's holding his costume):

Over the weekend, I hosted a fabulous group of Covered in Threads quilt weekend:

And that's the recap. Booyah!

No comments: