Thursday, September 13, 2012

Homework

Every school year, both boys are encouraged to read at least 20 minutes per day on their own. Some teachers assign this as homework, others just suggest it. This year, Seeger's teacher makes the reading assignment twice per week. And twice per week, she asks the students to write in their journals for 20 minutes. Seeger loves reading but he really loves writing so he is excited about this assignment. At least he usually is.

Last Thursday was a rough day. I was late picking up Seeger and we had to rush home and scarf down dinner before heading back in to town. We didn't get home until later in the evening and Seeger had to do his writing, an oral assignment, and he had to study for a math test. He wasn't happy when he did his writing assignment:

Homework

Homework is alwasy too much. Because usualy I don't get to do anythign fun exept recess and specils. I will beg if you don't do it until monday. i really want to do the FUN stuff like playing outside. I am really literaly goin to bed after I leaveo ff here at 8:44 at night. Past my bedtime! I'd really like to set up my dinosaurs too. I will also have to read my poem to my parents after this 20 minutes of writing. I will give a secret picture if you beat until Monday.

The nice thing about his teacher is that she always responds to his journal writing:

No comments: