1. It's been a crazy morning. I started my day at work hearing that the school The Polack teaches at had a shooting. Yikes. After searching the internet for news, I found out the shooting took place at the middle school, not the high school - in a different building that is a few blocks away. Whew. (For me, of course, not the students, families, and teachers of the middle school.)
2. The building I work in is celebrating diversity day today. I'm out of the loop so I don't know why but I have heard there will be a horse in the building. We'll see if it's true. I can't imagine that's allowed so maybe it will only be outside.
3. Things you can find in my building on a regular basis... Captain Kidd's cannon from his pirate ship along with some of his treasure, a 20 trillion Zimbabwe dollar bill, and dead bodies for the cadaver lab.
4. I really try not think about the fact that there's a cadaver lab a floor below me.
5. I have been visiting the vending machine way too much lately. We usually have a community bag of M&M's in the office that my co-worker rations out to us. But no one has bought a new bag recently (and I bought the last one so it's definitely not my turn). She did show my a surprise today though. She brought in a bag of Reece's Peanut Butter eggs. Those are like my all time favorite Easter candy. I'm just sitting here waiting for her to offer one to me.
6. I was at the Indianapolis Children's Museum earlier this week for a press conference (regarding a partnership between the museum and one of our faculty members). It reminded me that it's been awhile since I've taken the boys there. I totally need to do that soon. In fact, Seeger doesn't even remember the place so that tells me it's a must see soon attraction.
7. When the Polack and I were driving back from the Lake last weekend, we passed this crazy house along the highway that has a petting zoo, bouncy house rentals and U-Hauls. The Polack claimed he saw a camel but I didn't believe him and told him it was probably a Llama. He swore it was a camel because it had two humps. Well, driving on the way back from the museum Tuesday, I saw the camel too. He was totally right which means I was totally wrong.
8. My hair is getting really long. It hasn't been this long since I was a kid. I like it but I keep thinking about getting it cut. Only because it can be a pain to make it pretty. I've been wearing more ponytails lately because I get tired of messy with it. But I think I'm getting too old for ponytails. Elizabeth recently asked what age does a woman start wearing a paintsuit to her own wedding. (For the record, I think she can always wear a dress.) So my question is at what age does a woman need to stop wearing a ponytail?
9. I finally heard back from the Polack. He's safe and sound and on lockdown at the high school. He said he's stuck in a room with his repeaters. (His least favorite class.)
10. I'm going to San Diego next week for donor visits and to oversee an alumni reception. The Polack is on spring break so he's tagging along. We're trying to fit in some time with his family who live in the area. I think it will be a fun, yet exhausting trip. I purposely scheduled my flight to come back to Indy on Friday so I have the weekend to recover. I always struggle with the jet lag on return trips from the West.
I'll leave you with this lovely image. I'm still waiting for mine!