Friday, March 4, 2011

Random Thought Friday

I didn't get around to posting yesterday but never fear, don't shed a tear. (Like how I can rhyme?)

1. Yesterday I spend a few hours volunteering at the Indiana Heritage Quilt Show. I've never been surrounding by so many quilted jackets. For the record, I don't believe in wearing quilted clothing. Those jackets were freaking me out.

It was nice though to see so many quilting ladies with smiles on their faces. I did enjoy that.

2. I'm going back in a few hours to volunteer again. And this time, I will actually get to go upstairs and see the show.

And the vendors.

3. Last night, we took a family walk to Jiffy Treet. We were planning to go home after ice cream and watch Wednesday's Survivor when I realized that it was THURSDAY and Nicklas hadn't practiced any spelling for the week. So I suggested we do that instead and I was hoping he'd say, it's okay I'll watch Surivivor and practice in the morning. And even though that's really what I wanted to do (because no parent enjoys spelling with their kids), he said, yeah, we should skip Survivor. How did I raise such a good kid who clearly chose the right path when I was headed down the wrong path? I'm petty lucky.

Side note - the Polack got a burrito instead of ice cream at Jiffy Treet. It was so very wrong.

4. The Polack has been sending me cute, romantic poems all morning. They all start with Roses are Red but the endings are different. He just sent one with the second line saying Tulips are Tangerine. I'm very impressed with his use of tangerine.

5. My brother who started a blog but only posted one thing on it is coming to visit for Little 500 weekend. Seeing how's I've never been to the race, I'm really looking forward to it. Although, I think he's more interested in other weekend activities.

6. Must find a babysitter for Little 500 weekend!!

7. Seeger's class is celebrating Dr. Suess's birthday. He took in his favorite Dr. Suess book (that's not packed away in storage) Wacky Wednesday. He also took in his "S" pillow that Mia made him for Christmas.

8. My work project with the most famous US Surgeon General is back on. I hope it goes well!

9. I'm so glad it's Friday. It's been a long ass week at work.

10. The Polack and his friends are all super excited that it's March. They're like little kids at Christmas. Only I think they enjoy March Madness even more than Christmas. It's pretty easy to get caught up in their excitement.

Happy weekend everyone. I'm headed out to see my mother-in-law at the quilt ahow and tomorrow my mom is coming to visit. The boys have a play date and we have only one scheduled activity. So it should be a good weekend for the Kubatski's!

No comments: