Thursday, July 15, 2010

Random Thought Thursday

1. Two more days of work and then it's vacay time - the Lake, Vegas, and Cousin's Weekend all squeezed into 11 days. I'm going to need a vacation from my vacation!

2. So you probably saw my previous post about riding the bus to work. I've been saying all week that I'm going to do it and the Polack kept making fun of me for not. It finally worked out today.

3. I think I'm going to document the ways to travel to work so I can see which is best - for the environment, for my body, and for time. I can drive, bus, or walk. I'll let you know my results!

4. I miss my sewing room.

5. During our move, we decided to forgo the expense of cable. We've been cableless before and it's not too difficult. Nicklas is struggling the most this time around - especially because his Wii is not working either - but he'll be okay. It's been good for our QT together. This week, we swam at the pool, played some games, and went to the library.

6. Speaking of the library, we signed up for cards this week and oh man, was I disappointed to see they charge overdue fines. That's going to be a big adjustment for us. Luckily, the lack of cable means the boys are doing more reading. Nicklas finished his five books in three days. Seeger is doing just as well. He picked out 10 books and has read almost all of them. The Polack and I are taking advantage of the music section to build our iTunes libraries.

7. Men with manicures kinda freak me out and I hate myself for being sexist and judgemental. Well not really on the judgemental part...

8. I had a meeting at Starbucks today. I'm not a coffee drinker so I can't begin to fathom how a person can justify spending that much money on a drink. Especially since there isn't alcohol included.

9. How long do you think it will be before wristwatches are obsolete?

10. As I was walking to lunch today, I overheard two separate sets of parents with their soon-to-be freshmen-in-college daughters. My goodness, those young ladies were so bratty. They both had attitudes and talked down to their mothers. I wasn't the perfect daughter but I NEVER talked to my mom the way these girls did. And I can tell you, my kids will quickly learn that they won't talk like that to me - or anyone else for that matter.

That's all she wrote folks.

No comments: