1. The sponsored ad on my facebook page the other day was for Secret Life (the tv show on ABC Family). My first thought was "Oh, Facebook really knows me because I've watched that show." My second thought was "Holy crap, there isn't a good reason why facebook should be marketing that show to me since I don't really meet the demographics of their audience." So my question is do I have a misperception of just who exactly watches Secret Life? Or is Facebook just really that good?
2. The capability we have to stalk/market to/snoop on people through technology is very scary. But I prefer to pretend otherwise.
3. Every Monday morning when I'm making my drive to Bloomington from Lafayette, I drive past a billboard that has a picture from the movie "Where the Wild Things Are". It reminds me of when the family (including Mia and my mom) went to see it and every one of us left the movie theater bawling. (Except the Polack - he must have a heart of steel or something!) It was the first movie Seeger ever cried at. Nick's first movie to make him cry was the Bridge to Terabithia. Mine was The Black Stallion. My mom took me to see it and we both bawled and bawled. I was only five or so but I remember her hugging me and telling me everything was going to be okay. All the while, I could feel her tears dropping on to my arms.
4. I just looked up the movie and the Black Stallion was made in 1979 which means I was four when it came out.
5. With less than 6 weeks until the group trip to Vegas, I'm back on the dieting wagin. (The plan to share a pool cabana with 15 people is quite the motivation.) I'm using myfitnesspal.com and it's going really well. I say this four days into it so we'll see. They have an iPhone app so that helps. I like it better than Weight Watchers iPhone app. Hopefully I can report back in a few weeks with some positive feedback.
6. I've done a lot of catching up on my blog so be on the lookout for multiple posts in the next few days. I still have a few more things to recap but I'm feeling pretty good about my progress.
7. I went to get my hair highlighted today. Being new to town, I got a recommendation for a local day sap. Their menu said foils start at $85. That's about $20 more than I like to pay but I figured I treat myself. Liesel threw in a mini facial and conditioning treatment so I was feeling pretty good. Until I went to pay and I was told it the service was $150. I nearly started crying and even though everyone keeps complimenting my hair, it's ruined on me. Now I have to find somewhere else to go which is a shame because I really liked Liesel.
8. I handle the family finances and I have a budgeted amount for everything each month. Haircuts for everyone are $60 a month. That's what we've been averaging but after my fiasco today, it's going to be awhile before I'm allowed to treat myself again.
9. I had green onions on my salad for lunch and now I have the oniony breath. I hate that.
10. I'm finally all caught up on Glee. What a great show. I know I've said it before but it really, really is awesome.
Don't stop believing, yo!