Thursday, January 28, 2010

Random Thought Thursday

Hear ye, hear ye, it's time for RTT!

  1. Tonight is senior night for Mia's swim season. I'm hoping to make to Lafayette in time to walk with her and The Polack.
  2. I always go back and forth in identifying where I live on this blog. Although it's easier to state the city, other times I feel as though I should remain semi-anonymous.
  3. What's the point of the encore in at a concert? Play your whole set list or don't but please don't make me sit there and wait for you to decide.
  4. Everyone keeps asking how the new job is going. In case you're wondering.... it's fab-u-lous. Okay, it's probably not really that fabulous BUT I'm back to doing what I love doing (and what I'm good at) and I work with a great group of people and I'm in Bloomington. No complaints from me!
  5. I'm slowly trying to introduce Mia to my favorite girlie movies. As in those that I bought in the late days ofVHS. In honor of our trip to NYC, we watched Working Girl. Last week she watched Picture Perfect. Next up is Object of My Affection and I'm hoping What's Love Got to Do With It. I also had Nicklas watch Hoosiers which he loved.
  6. Speaking of movies, I found out that staff at the IU Foundation (the fundraising unit at Indiana University) watch the move Breaking Away together once a year. What a great movie! Definitely on my list for Mia and the kids.
  7. Uncle Bill cleared the snow off my car again this week. What a sweetheart. I really want to fix him up with a nice single lady I know but he doesn't seem interested. I'll have to work on that.
  8. Speaking of Uncle Bill, he invited me to play poker with his friends last week. It was fun hanging out with the guys and they were very gracious to include me - even when I beat them.
  9. January is almost over and despite how busy I've been this month with the new job and commute and house project, I feel the weeks ticking away and Mia impending departure rapidly approach. It's too sad to think about.
  10. If all goes well the house will be listed on the market next week. Cross your fingers in hopes that our contractor will finally finish everything up soon!

No comments: