Thursday, October 8, 2009

The one with all the capitals...

1. It's ridiculous how excited I am about Facebook FINALLY releasing the new Bejeweled. As if my addiction could get any worse.

2. In my last check of status updates, the word monsoon was mentioned four times. Apparently we're expecting a lot of rain today?

3. I'm really concerned about having a blah autumn. As I grow older, I appreciate the change of colors more. Last year's temps were so hot and cold all fall that the trees never really changed. They just went from green to brown. I've been really paying attention this year and so far, nothing that exciting has happened. Still lots of green with some brown and other bare trees. I'm catches glimpses of reds, yellows, and oranges but not enough.

4. Mia's soccer season is almost over. She's joining the swim team but fortunately, their practices are before or right after school. It will be nice to finally see her in the evenings.

5. Today Mia and I are meeting her school counselor to talk about US colleges. She thinks she might want to attend school in the US so I suggested she do some campus visits. She wants a public school in an urban area and she's interested in working with children. Hopefully Mrs. C. can help us focus our efforts.

6. This weekend is quilt camp. Sadly, I didn't sign up so my mom and I have decided to have our own quilt camp. We'll be sewing all night Friday and all day Saturday. I can't wait to finish some projects. Have you visited my quilting blog? You should take a look, if only to feel sorry about the lack of progress I've made over the past few months.

7. So this morning starts out as any other morning. Nicklas gets up, showers, and gets dressed. I wake up Seeger, help him get dressed (which he can do on his own but not before 9am), meet everyone downstairs and get them breakfast. They're halfway through their bowls of cereal when I realize - OH MY GOD, IT'S PICTURE DAY!! I had totally forgotten all about it. With less than 10 minutes before the bus is due to arrive, I had them scarf down their cereal, change their clothes and I attempted to at least "do" their hair. We made it okay but WHEW, did I have a scare.

8. I started writing this post a few hours ago and as I was typing #6, I realized OH MY GOD, I FORGOT TO PACK SEEGER'S LUNCH! I usually do that during breakfast and with the craziness of remembering about pictures, I didn't do it this morning. With less than 30 minutes before my class starts, I decide to run out, buy him something, and drop it off at the Y. NOT enough time. Luckily, the AWESOME Polack was able to push a school meeting back a half hour and take care of dropping lunch off for Seeger so I didn't have to. Of course, I'd already walked to my car - in the MONSOON - and started driving before I realized he could do it for me. I was able to turn around, park, walk back to my building - in the MONSOON - and get back to my building with five minutes to spare before class. There is no way I would have been on time had I actually had to complete the task. I totally owe my husband. BIG TIME.

9. Monsoon is probably a bit of an exaggeration but it's definitely raining pretty hard right now.

10. Is my overuse of capital letters annoying at all? I'm definitely trying to make a point - in an entertaining sort of way!

1 comment:

Heather T said...

If you find yourself in Ann Arbor looking at colleges, let me know!

As for Bejeweled, again, that is the stuff of the devil. Beware. But can I just tell you? This girl scored 223,050 yesterday on the new version. BOO-YAH! (Oh my god, see what that game does to you? IT IS OF THE DEVIL, I TELL YOU!)