Since I'm away from my family for the next few days, I decided to do my own list. (I also have nothing blog worthy to write so I figured, what the heck?)
1. As the only daughter with three brothers, I love the attention I received growing up.
2. In kindergarten, my best friends father affectionately called me "Fat Nat" once. To this day, I hate it when people call me Nat. (Side note: there are three people that get away with this, George, Bethy, and Jules.)
3. As painful as it was, sometimes I miss high school. I was involved in lots of fun activities and hung out with some really great friends.
4. In high school, I worked at Wendy's and loved my job. Really. I loved it. I would probably still be working there if there wasn't such a stigma about working in fast food.
5. I regret not being more motivated in college. There are so many on campus opportunities that I didn't take advantage of. (Unless you count taste testing all varieties of the flavored long island iced teas at Kilroy's.)
6. The best concert I ever went to was the Violent Femmes. The worst concert I ever went to was the Violent Femmes. (These were two different concerts.)
7. I worked as a shot girl in a bar during college.
8. One of the best experiences I've ever had was backpacking around Europe for a month. I hope my kids will do the same. Maybe they'll even invite me to come with them?
9. I once had my tongue pierced. That was 12 years ago and I still miss it.
10. I don't understand why people get tattoos.
11. I was a social worker for four years. I am so glad I had this job but I would never do it again.
12. As I get older, my taste in music grows progressively worse. In high school, I listened to R.E.M. and The Cure. Now I listen to Ashlee Simpson and Katy Perry. I am extremely embarrassed by this.
13. I would never want to be a stay-at-home mom yet I'm very envious of them. (Sometimes I take a random a vacation day while my husband goes to work and my kids go to school just so I can pretend I'm a stay-at-home mom.)
14. Sometimes I like to practice my America's Next Top Model Walk and the smile with my eyes look.
15. My husband knows me better than I know myself. Often, I'm still trying to sort through my emotions regarding an incident and he already knows what my reaction will be. Usually, I think this is pretty cool but every once in awhile it really annoys me.
16. I have very high expectations of the people in my life. This usually leads to significant disappointment in relationships which is extremely unfair to those who are a part of my life.
17. I hate Jimmy Buffet. (Not him personally but his music, definitely.)
18. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
19. I'm pretty frugal. I have trouble paying full price for clothes, vacations, etc. I also will spend money on something I don't necessarily need just because I know it's a good deal.
20. When I see pregnant women, babies, or toddlers, I get sad because I'm past the baby stage of my life.
21. I don't like to watch sports on television. I've tried, for my husband's benefit, but I just can't do it.
22. My favorite movie of all time is The American President. It's so cheesy yet I feel a surge of patriotism whenever I watch it.
23. I doubt I'll ever live outside the state of Indiana.
24. I like to shovel snow.
25. I know way too much celebrity gossip.
I know you're supposed to tag people for this but it doesn't seem fair to choose 25 people over others. Therefore, I'm choosing not to tag which means probably no one will read this.